87.

Harry waited for Hermione as he watched students pass. Oh, how he missed his younger years at times. Yeah, they were full of chaos, of adventure beyond any words, of trolls, a dragon, a labyrinth, Thestrals nobody believed in until after the war when everyone could see them, and a wizard turned so extremely bad, but he missed it. He longed for the friendship he had with Hermione and Ron. It was different now, they were older, more mature, even more responsibilities. They were no longer children, but the adults who had them. He knew he had not been the same since Ginny and he's divorce. He did not make efforts to see Ron or Hermione, and he knew it hurt them.

Hermione: "Looks like I will no longer be working with you," Hermione said seeming sad but happy at the same time.

Harry: "You took the job as Potions teacher?" A mixture of excitement and sadness filled Harry's voice.

Hermione: "Yes!"

Harry: "That's great Hermione!"

Hermione: "It does not pay as well, but I want to be there for my children more. Plus, I miss Hogwarts, Harry; I miss these halls—the laughter, everything."

Harry: "I do, too."

Harry: "There are so many memories here. I'm truly happy for you!" Harry hugged her briefly. His best friend, a teacher, he really did think that suited the know-it-all nicely. Harry had thought about it many times, Minerva had offered him a job as a professor as well, but he could not. He was made to be an Auror, at least for now, for this part of his life. "Well, when do you start?" She could hear the sadness in his voice.

Hermione: "After this mission."

Harry: "What mission? It's over, no?"

Hermione: "Oh Harry, did you really think I was going to let you go find the ferret alone. Until the very end, remember?"