4

Chapter 4

From the look in her eyes when I told her about my plan I could tell that obviously she was excited but at the same time I know that she knew better than to get excited about a possibility of it not happening.

But I was true to my word and was able to proceed with my plan and get her out of the hospital and back home.

I received money from dad this morning which I would transfer into moms account. It pains me to keep such a big secret from my father, but until he returns home he won't know of moms illness.

Finally done at the Bank I made it to the hospital with a small suitcase in hand so that I could pack everything she had with her. The doctor called me early this morning saying that since everything was ready at her new place I was allowed to come and pick her up.

Luckily for him I had a good night's sleep and this lightened my mood even more.

"His kindness is often clouded by judgmental people Annie" my mum says as she sits up on her bed talking to a nurse.

I didn't want to know who my mum was ranting about but there was only one thought on my mind. To get this woman out of here.

She needs a shower, fresh clothes, coffee and  her favourite  meals.

"Look who's here "My mum's doctor says as he stands at the edge of the bed holding a file. They were just sorting out my mom's pills which she would need to take.

Mum looks up and smiles, one great huge smile that tugs at my heart.

I bent down and started packing all her things as mum spent her time talking with her doctor. He was giving her all the advise she needs to keep healthy and on track.

" I think he liked you Jane, spent more than an hour here talking to you I wouldn't be surprised if he came back and drove you home" Annie said laughing. Her words caught my attention, wondering who this man was.

Hope my mum isn't getting feelings for someone else.

" You're not completely wrong Annie" A deep voice says from the doorway. From the position I was in, I glanced back and found a familiar face.

I did not expect to see his face in my mothers hospital room in a million years, it just didn't seem practical.

" Nickolas, I'm so glad I caught you before you left, thank you for everything you've done" the doctor says looking between him and my mother.

My eyes widened, I was clearly out of a big fucking loop. What in the world has he done, I'm the reason why my mother is leaving today.

Working my ass of to become a established designer. To be able to afford a house, car to pay the bills and now to give my mum her life back.

" Its nothing really doctor I'm just glad I could help in any shape for Jane's health" he replied shaking the hands of the doctor.

To think that my day started off really well.

I knew better than to make a big scene at the hospital, my anger was fuelling inside and I needed to just get out of this place.

I stood up and made my way over to my mother who instantly grabbed my hand, I could tell she recognised this look on my face.

She's scared.

" Yes thankyou for helping, I'm Selene her daughter" I challenged him, would he acknowledge that we have met before.

He stared into my eyes, his eyes not averting at all.

" I believe I've already been acquainted with your beautiful daughter, jane" He said his eyes dropping to meet my mothers. I tried not to scoff at his words, calling me beautiful so that if I insult him my mother will forever hate me for it.