23

Chapter 23

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. The familiar ringtone really was a wakeup call and I had to roll over to reach my phone. When I finally switched it off, I realised that it half 8 which meant that I was already late for work.

I groaned as I stretched out. I realised that I was no longer in the dress from last night, I had thought I made it home, but I don't actually remember taking my clothes off.

My hands immediately flew to my face. I rubbed at my skin waiting to feel the dirt and oils from the makeup last night but instead I felt my smooth skin.

I was left pleasantly surprised.

To my left, I saw 3 wipes covered with my makeup and that led me to see the half-naked back of Nick lying next to me.

His face was squashed against the pillow. Making his lips pout as he slept calmly.

I leant over and brushed my lips against his shoulder. With that, I slowly sat up and headed over to the bathroom. I spend a good two minutes in there showering, getting rid of the hairspray and products that were in my hair.

I wasn't annoyed that I got drunk last night, I think it was good that I drank with the girls, I promised myself that I won't abandon them again and focus on building our friendship.

By the time I finished in the bathroom, Nick had rolled over on his back. His arm was conveniently stretched out. I slipped back inside and cuddled up to his side.

I stared up at him. God, how can a man be so fucking beautiful?

Nick must have sensed me because he gently pulled me to his side burying his face into my neck.

"Are you smelling me?" I said shocked. A deep rumble came out of his chest as he finally opened his eyes.

"Nah, I think I'm coming up with a cold" he defended himself. I rolled my eyes, like that was even possible, and what a pathetic excuse.

"No" I went to lean in for a kiss but was rejected swiftly as he pinched my lips shut. "Is there something you want to confess to me"

I leant back.

"No" I answered him nothing coming to mind, but I wouldn't be surprised I barely remember anything after my third shot.

"why, what happened"

Nick grinned over at me, it was the instant clarification that whatever I did was funny and nothing serious to the extent that I should be worried.

Well, that's a relief.

"I'm just confused why you would let some other man try and take your dress off last night because apparently, I saved you from that horrific ordeal"

My dress?

I guess my horrified expression was the final nail because Nick couldn't hold it in any longer. I watched Nick throw his head back and laugh rather loudly.

"you're too cute when your drunk baby, I kind of like it," he said bringing me back into his arms. This time he wasn't against us kissing as I finally leant over.

"that must have been so embarrassing" I pressed my face up to his chest.

Nick rubbed my back gently "for you maybe both me and Kate found you very interesting" oh god, Kate must have driven me home and called Nick too. What a state.

"c'mon let's get some food in your system" Nick stood up but unlike I imagined he turned back around and lifted me up before carrying me out of the room and towards the kitchen.