9

Chapter 9

I must have really hit my head in that crash because there is no way in hell that I am sitting here staring at my father.

He seemed so real.

When I felt his fingers underneath my jaw, I couldn't even control the tears that left my eyes.

"Hello princess. What have you gotten yourself into huh?" he asks me as he kneel down in front of me. I cringed when I realised that it was wet because of the rain.

Nick stepped back and gave us both some space to which dad was grateful for. I glanced at my mom and noticed how much this affected her. I wanted him to go to mom I was okay I could manage myself.

"are you really here dad, please tell me I'm not dreaming" I said moving my hand to touch his shoulder. He still had uniform on, so I guessed he literally just got here.

He smiled. "would be a pretty good dream" he joked bringing a smile to both mine and moms' lips. We would always say how much we missed dads' unique sense of humour.

"come on let's get you home princess" he said standing up and wrapping his arm around my waist. When we passed Nick and James, I mouthed thank you. This caught the attention of dad unfortunately.

"don't you dare" I said to dad already knowing he would try and embarrass me.

He sealed his lips shut and walked us towards a car. Once I was sat in the back I watched with a smile as dad grabbed mum and brought her close. Immediately bringing her into his chest as she cried.

I cringed as i saw the media was out today, and they had taken a lot of pictures of the scene.

A soft knock on my window moved my gaze away from them. Nick stood outside my door holding my phone in his hand. I rolled down the window and looked at him.

"thought you might need this" he said handing over the device that luckily didn't have a scratch on it since I had a pretty sturdy case.

I was relieved because I had just bought that.

"thank you. Not just for this but for coming you didn't need to but I'm glad you did" I said smiling over at him. Seeing him and James rush to the scene was something I didn't expect.

Other than Hannah and Jake. Not many people cared for me like that.

I even saw how nick went over to Hannah to check if she was okay.

"you'll have to thank your followers for that. We were doing a livestream when they told us about what happened" he said surprising me.

Sometimes you do benefit off those live streams.

"I really hope you feel better soon Selene, you should enjoy your family time I think you've been through enough shit this month" he said as he continued to stand outside the car. I knew he was referring to the other incident.

I nodded just as he left. His eyes lifting to see more cameras come to the scene.

I waved him goodbye as he got out of the rain and into James's car.

When I turned back to the car, I had noticed both my mum and dad staring at me with a smile on their faces.

I groaned as I sat back in the chair. My head was throbbing and as much as I wanted to talk to dad about so many things, I knew I needed to rest.

I soon felt myself being lifted out of the car. We had made it to mum's place. Lord knows what mum said to dad, but I guess she filled him in slightly.