11

Chapter 11

Nick's eyes lifted up to mine. Those eyes that I haven't seen since he was kissing my neck and touching me sensually, filling the room with sexual tension.

He gently pulled out the chair beside him. I slowly sat down and placed my bag over the back of the chair.

I turned my attention to mum and glared at her as she simple smiled at me .Trust her to do this behind my back without even consulting me first. f becoming to be a real pain in my ass recently.

Nick was not even bothered in the slightest he was comfortable with both of my parents and it showed. I would occasionally sneak glances at him but nearly every time I would get caught in the act.

" so how did you two meet then" Dad says turning to me. I guess he wanted me to answer the question.

Nick turned his eyes to mine. " I spoke at an event last month, and Nick was presenting," I said calmly tracing the rim of my glass. I think everyone knew what happened next and I didn't think my dad wants me to say it again.

" Did you two know each other that night, did you speak at all?" mom says butting in. she wasn't being spiteful, but she was being nosier than usual.

I think mom was trying to make something happen here. I'm not saying I didn't want anything to happen between me and Nick. But I would rather it not be through my mothers meddling in my life.

" I saw pictures, you two looked great together, the media loves you both" mom says proudly.

I didn't really know what to say.

I closed my eyes briefly, not wanting to be reminded of the night's events because they were still so clear and unfortunately I haven't been able to sleep as well since that day.

Before I could speak up and answer her, Nick had beat me to it. I didn't even notice that he had grabbed my hand until he started rubbing my palm softly.

" I don't think we should push it any further. That night wasn't the best for any of us and I don't think we need to relive it again" Nick says in such a polite manner my mother could only smile back.

Mom bows her head slightly agreeing that we don't talk about this any longer. I decided to push my ego to the side and smile over at her. " Seems like you knew him before I did mother," I said referring to her and nick being fairly acquainted already with the hospital.

I bravely wrapped my finger over Nick's.

" what do you do at the hospitals then," dad says turning his full attention to Nick. a ghost of a smile makes its way onto mum's lips.

Jealousy is clear with my dad, but he has nothing to worry about mom will always and forever be smitten with that man.

" I've always donated to the hospital; my family always has so I like to visit and see how my money is being spent. I grew up with my mum investing heavily in healthcare, but she never visited. I guess as a young boy I wanted to do it differently" Nick explains to my father with such pride as he spoke about something that he really cared about.

I was hooked, hearing him speak about something he is passionate about is a lot more appealing than I would have imagined.

" Showers could be improved" my mother muttered just loud enough for us to hear. Nick wasn't offended in the slightest he actually found my mum's comment funny as a smile slipped from his lips.

Dad pinched my mum's side causing her to squirm.

It wasn't long before our food finally arrived. The restaurant that we were at was a highly popular and top star rated restaurant.