36

Chapter 36

"You will never guess who I just met at a meeting" Jake says, walking into the staff kitchen. It was 5 in the evening and i was on my third coffee of the day. Today's been stressful and this little walk to get my coffee is the only thing that drags me out of the office.

"Who" I ask.

" Andre fucking Ultonei, I didn't want to believe it but the man actually did it, what he said he was going to do even back in 2018"

I spun around " are you sure it was him, I swear he moved out to India and had no desire to come back because of reasons I'd rather not go over again" Andre was someone we knew when all of us were starting out.

At some point Andre wanted to work with us but he realised it wasn't for him. He packed his bags and moved out the next week.

" well, he did look different but his name gave it away" He sarcastically replied.

" wow, so original. Well what is he doing here then"

It's got to be a good enough reason to leave his life in India to come back to the city again. When he swore to never return again. Which is saying a lot for him, since a lot of his family is here.

" He's here to open a franchise of his watch company here in London, he invited us to his opening tomorrow"

Jake was right, he really did what he said he would do, all those years ago. He was obsessed with those fancy high tech watches but hated the fact that it was so expensive.

He wanted to create the affordable version which I guess. Now he has.

" Where is it, you know I have that meeting in Manchester tomorrow" I said thinking about my plans. It would be good to see him again and catch up but I have to put business first.

" yeah its in London, but not until 8 so you will be back in time. He also said you can bring Nick if you want" he tells me.

"alright, tell him I'm coming but not with Nick, he has a conference in Ireland tomorrow"

Jake nods as he walks out my office.

I turn back to my coffee, finishing it by adding some sugar. I really do hope it gets me through the night.

2 hours later, I was really feeling the effects of work taking its toll on my body. My drawings were getting lazier and my eyes kept on closing and opening back again.

" You know if you just went home, you could actually go to sleep instead of trying so hard to stay awake here"

I jumped when I heard Nick's voice. At first I thought I was dreaming but I when I found him leaning against the door with his arms crossed I realised I wasn't.

" I work better in the office" I said tidying up my desk, shoving my multiple packets of peanuts into my desk drawer.

" but you sleep better in your bed" he commented back sharply.

Touche.

Nick came around and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"come on, lets get you home" he helps me grab my bag and stuff before leading me out.

We walked out of the office and down to the lift. There was only a few people left here working. Jake likes to keep the office open late so that people can stay working here till late.

" why did you come, don't you have to get your flight in a few hours" I say as Nick drives me home. We had music playing in the background.

" Molly messaged me and said that someone needed to take you home. You live closer to the airport anyway so"