27

Chapter 27

" I'm about to throw up?"

" Are you serious we're right outside her office and you choose now to tell me" another voice replies with a hint of annoyance.

" It didn't seem that bad when I was at my desk"

" it's just Selene, she won't bite your head off just go in and stop wasting my time" I heard a bang against my office door.

I clicked my pen irritably as I listened to a conversation past my office doors.

Do these idiots know that I can hear them clearly? This is ridiculous. I haven't Stepped out of my office all day.

I've been trying to get my dad's birthday sorted out and that meant helping with organizing the celebration and also fully completing the gift for him that wasn't going to be an easy task.

It definitely wasnt an easy process.

Jake seemed on board with this whole idea of creating a unique sports collection with the centerpiece being a sports jacket. The one that I would be giving my dad would the only one of its design made for him.

" Hey Selene, so pretty much everything is on track," My newly appointed assistant said finally walking inside. He was an intern but after seeing the good he could do I was happy to have him help me with many more errands and responsibilities.

Molly stood next to him a much more relaxed look compared to Toby. He was good, more than good but he was a nervous wreck half the time. On a good day I would find it adorable but when i was in a bad mood that's troublesome.

"But," I said waiting for the bad news he was about to deliver.

" The jacket isn't here yet, but it's on its way" he quickly added.

I sighed as I thought about how this would impact me. What did I expect I was rushing this whole sequence of events and I would be crazy if I thought this was going to be finished in time for the birthday tomorrow.

I haven't even had the time to see Nick in the last few days. He has called me a few times but the conversation never lasted long enough before he was dragged away.

I think hes in Bristol.

"Where is it?" I asked Toby. He pulled out his phone doing something on it.

I originally was going to do it here in the company and use all the resources we had here but i needed it to be perfect so I sent it to wales to get it done.

There was a top manufacturer there who could perform miracles and I trusted that.

"It's currently in reading" he informed me. Refusing to look up at me.

Well, great that means it wasn't going to get here until late tonight or by the morning. Luckily his celebration was in the evening. That gave me some time but not very much.

" Alright, Toby lets not wet our pants now. Keep an eye on it and bring it to me when it arrives alright" He eagerly nodded his head and walked out of my office.

Molly stayed behind " Are you planning on getting any sleep Selene, we know you slept here last night"

I ignored her and continued to scroll down my computer screen. I didn't have time to go home and come back there was so much to do. Jake even wanted me to go to this event in 2 days which stressed me out because I needed to say something.

" Don't even bother Molly, I've got this" Jake suddenly came walking inside holding a white paper bag and a coffee in his other hand. He laid them out on my desk and started removing his suit jacket.