49

Chapter 49

I stared at myself in the mirror. The dress hugged my waist deliciously but left a lot of material around my breasts making me seem fuller. I watched the designer Jerome Castillo stare at my face through the mirror along with Amelia and Hannah who were my second pairs of eyes.

Surprisingly Amy wasn't annoyed that I didn't let her dress me for the awards. She wanted me to look amazing and was willing to sacrifice her own brand for it. When the news came out about my nomination I spent an hour on a call with my friends Mary and Liv.

Mary had to cut the call instantly when we all heard the screaming of her newborn baby. Because I wasn't there for the delivery or even the days after I was guilt-tripped into buying them both dresses, for the ceremony.

But honestly, it didn't matter all that much because I wanted them to be here and knowing they supported me wholeheartedly was enough of a gift.

" Bellisima, I have more dresses for you if you not like it. We can alter too, to fit your beautiful figure hmm" Jerome said as he circled me.

" I think it is beautiful Selene but the first dress was even more stunning maybe you try that one on again" Amy suggested.

I looked over at the hangers where the first dress was displayed.

I did love that dress. But I was worried that it wasn't the right colour.

" I'm not sure Ames, that colour just isn't me" I said staring at the dress with a longing gaze.

" Bella no problem, Jerome has that dress in a special edition just for you" I watched Jerome run out of the room and come back with two identical dresses in different colours.

One was in the deep red, the same colour I was wearing right now. But the other one was in a deep green colour that honestly I had always been scared to wear. But as I look at it now I have a deep urgency to wear it.

" oh definitely the green " Hannah said, she ran up to the dresses and touched the green one. She turned around to me. " you can't wear red again c'mon let's be dangerous tonight" she said excitedly.

Jerome placed the red one behind him and walked to me with the green dress. " try Bella" he urged me.

It was worth a try I guess. Jerome walked me into the dressing room again.

As we started pulling the dress from the hanger and Jerome fitted to my body. Me and Jerome looked at each other knowingly.

We both knew that on the night of the 18th. I would be wearing this dress.

As soon as we finished with Jerome I left the girls and Ben drove me to Nick's office. Over the last week we have been on a few dates to help and build our relationship again. I wanted to spend as much time as possible even though I promised myself that I needed time.

Nick ended up helping me to fulfil this promise since he was really busy. As he did a big move around in his company. He wanted to make sure that everyone that worked at his company were focused on not only the performance of his company but also the ethics of what Nick was all about.

I was proud of him.

I stepped out of the car. Pulling the bag of food with me. I was escorted to his office by his new assistant who probably had the biggest smile I had ever seen in my entire life.

" I've cleared up his schedule for the rest of this evening so if you need to drag him out of here you can" Remi said as she pushed open his office door.

I send her a grateful smile as she left me alone. Remi had experience of 10 years working as an assistant which made her the best at her job. It was exactly what Nick needed.