31

Chapter 31

I made a quick decision, I realised that Nick made a mistake but he knew exactly what he did. My mother always said the best man that I can find is an honest man. I believed that.

I wrapped my arms around him pulling him tightly. He moved his hands down my back and pulled me tighter to his body.

" Does this mean we can end this break" I heard him mumble as he held me against his chest.

I lightly smacked him. " yeah I guess it does," I said smiling into his shoulder. I was willing to forgive him but it wouldn't be easy and he really needed to earn his place back into my heart.

As we finally leant back I pressed my lips onto his. I tasted mint and instantly craved more.

"Selene, your lip" he whispered stopping the kiss.

I pouted. " No, don't do that" he shook his head, his voice deepening.

"just one," I said in my most cutest voice that I could manage.

That was all it took for him to press his lips onto mine.

He was being very gentle, completely not what I was used to with him but nonetheless, it felt good to finally have his lips back on mine.

After our brief kiss, Nick used the shower as I went to find him clothes for him to wear. He still had a few clothes that he left the last time he was here. It's gotten to the point that he has a space in my wardrobe.

I placed the shirt and pyjama pants on the table in the bathroom and left to go and make some hot chocolate.

By the time i had finished making it and brought them upstairs, Nick had finished with the shower. He was using a smaller towel to dry off his hair.

" Are you tired, we could watch a movie if you want" I said placing the mugs on the side table. I grabbed the remote and turned on Netflix.

He said nothing but quietly walked over and placed a kiss on my shoulder. " i dont mind what we do" he whispered.

I smiled as i grabbed the remote and searched through the movies, looking for something we could watch.

"Have you ever seen this" i said hovering over the movie called the big short. He stared at the screen and shook his head.

"Do you think i have the time to watch movies on netflix Selene" he said laughing.

I shrugged " you have time for me so you have time for a movie or two"

He pulled me down onto the bed. " that's different and you know it"

I started the movie as we silently sipped at our hot chocolates. I kept glancing at Nick as he laid down, his eyes were focused on the movie.

Makes me wonder if he actually has time for himself. He is working all the time. I consider myself lucky for having him all to myself.

I moved under the blanket and cuddled up to him. Nick moved his arm around me pulling me closer to his warm body, i inhaled the scent, the one i missed.

Half way through the movie he hadn't said anything to me, he suddenly started to rub his thumb over my shoulder. Almost like he remembered that i was here.

I couldn't believe he hadn't seen this film, it was brilliant especially if you're into business which Nick is.

" Is this how you do your pitches?" i asked after a big scene where Ryan gosling pitched to a bunch of important businessmen.

" No, I'm definitely much more cooler" he whispered pressing his lips to my cheek.

I grinned " cant deny that. I bet you're a real ball-buster in the board room" i said imagining Nick standing in his tailored suit commanding the room like always.