7

Chapter 7

Work had been slowly getting busier as we were getting closer to the launch of our new collection. I've had to deal with many of Jake's mood swings because he is nervous. Although he won't admit it, he is very nervous.

I was working from home today since I was suffering from period pains last night. Some days jake will let me just stay home if I'm not needed at the office.

Ever since I was 16, I suffered from really bad period pains, I had got it from my mum but hers are far more sever.

It was 5 o'clock when I received an Instagram message from James. I was drawing up my last design and opened it up. James had been sending me random messages all week and sending me memes which I can admit were very relatable.

Seleneeeeey it's my birthday

I read his message and widened my eyes. I completely forgot he told me it was his birthday. I instantly clicked on his profile and saw 3 new posts.

I commented on the latest one.

Happy Birthday James

with a bunch of emojis. The comment instantly got a bunch of likes and comments.

James wasted no time in video calling me. I saw his handsome face cover my screen and answered it.

"I'm mad at you Selene. How could you forget about me don't you love me" he pretended to look annoyed, but I could see that he was dying to smirk or laugh at me.

Honestly, I don't understand why he's wasting his time on me.

"I've been busy James, I'm sorry I honestly did forget," I told him. I would feel guilty if I saw posts about his birthday on Instagram, I had already known it was his birthday. We may not be friends as such, but I have respect.

He suddenly smiles, lifting the corners of his lips and showing me that white toothy grin that the girls fall for. I would too if I didn't have a certain crush on his best friend.

Its literally just a crush I hope it fades very soon.

"well I know exactly how you can make it up to me," he said smirking. I knew that look too well.

I groaned "I'm not giving you a birthday lap dance James" his eyes widened obviously he forgot about the big list he sent me the other day on gifts I could give him.

"now your speaking my language angel," he said as he walked around his house, he looked like he was cleaning which was something I didn't expect to see from him.

"But if you can't do that, you can come to my birthday party at mine tonight," he said giddily as he jumped onto his bed laying down.

That's why he's cleaning then.

I caved in.

I'm sure my pains will go away with the help of some painkillers.

"wear something sexy and red," he said as my finger hovered over the red button. Throughout the day all I could hear was that laugh of his.

James didn't really give me a lot of time to get ready. I was running around trying to figure out what to get him and, in the end, I spoke to jack and decided to give him a product from our line.

He would be the first person to have this, so I guess that's a perfect gift for him as well as the bottle of jack Daniels I had lying around.

I was on facetime with Amelia as I was getting ready. Although I am a designer, I do appreciate a second opinion for the clothes I wear.