48

Chapter 48

I was hellbent on leaving the hospital alone, making Nick realise that I wasn't someone to forgive so easily but the longer I looked at Nick and saw the raw pain in his eyes the more I wanted to give in.

I placed my hand over Nick's and watched his eyes drop to our hands. I heard Olly and Nick's father loudly sigh possibly with relief. Ollys sigh was far more dramatic.

" This isn't you completely forgiven Nick. You really hurt me so you're going to have to work for it" I said honestly. Nick nodded his head understanding.

"I know and I will, fuck baby I am so sorry" he bows his head further. I caught the eyes of Olly looking between us and his father.

"what does this even mean. Are they good or not" he asked seemingly still a little confused. Nick's father shook his head clearly amused.

" son, will you take me back to the room so I can get ready to leave" I watched as his lips curved into a smirk. I was thankful for that he did that.

" Thank you for coming Selene. I will look forward to catching up with you soon but for the mean time. Give him hell" he says referring to the man bowing down to me.

I felt Nick's head slightly lift up but I grabbed his hair and kept him down. " you know I will" I said back smiling.

I waved at them as they left. A few nurses and doctors were walking around however they seemed to keep their head low with only a few smiles our way. I finally released Nick and watched him get back up.

" I really want to kiss you right now but I know that I shouldn't" he whispered as he stood up. Refusing to let go of my hand. His fingers slid between them slowly.

I watched as his eyes followed up to my lips. I also desperately wanted to kiss him but I also wanted to make him work for it.

I saw the twitch in his lips before he started to lean in. I wrapped my fingers around his neck. " Nick" I warned him.

He sighed but managed to skim my cheek with his lips.
" That will keep me going for a while" he muttered as he turned his body just in time to greet a nurse who had walked over to us.

I moved away to let him talk but Nick pulled me back to his side. I gave him a quick smile and stayed put.

" I've given you all the medication your father needs. For the next few weeks I would suggest that you or your brother constantly check on him and come back for regular check-ups." The nurse said as she handed over the prescriptions.

Nick grabbed them. " thank you, again I have to apologise for my rude behaviour. I am grateful for all you have done for my father" I watched the nurse smile up at Nick.

" it's understandable sir, there was also a clear miscommunication which explains everything so I hope your relationship with this hospital is still good and strong" she replies.

I glanced at Nick. " it will be. In the future please always contact me before anything is official, I never want that to happen again"

I struggle to believe that this was the same man blowing up at the nurses here but I guess that is what happens when you get so angry like that. If I were to describe Nick to people this would be the man I would describe, not the man people saw here the other day.

"Of course sir, hope to see you soon" The nurse says as she reaches for her pager. Once she leaves Nick grabs my hand again. " will you at least let me take you to dinner" He asks as we walk through the hospital. I pursed my lips wondering if that was the right idea. Considering how I planned to just go home.