37

Chapter 37

I decided to not share my information with Jake as we arrived at the opening. I needed to live out tonight before I made any rash decisions that could really damage any relationship we had.

The information that she sent me, consisted of a lot of scams regarding his business and money being invested by some major characters in the entertainment industry.

Holly Waichestre was known for her involvement in an illegal money laundering in the states and was his biggest adviser and investor. I couldn't believe what I was reading.

There have even been claims that his start up was using child labour and many other workplace crimes that has mysteriously gone missing from the records.

He seemed to have gotten involved with some bad influencers in a shot to fame.

The moment I stepped in I found him waiting patiently almost like he was waiting for us to arrive. I wasn't even late either.

"Selene, I have waiting for this moment for too long. How have you been "he asks as he beckons me in for a hug.

I put on a smile and gladly accept it.

"I've been well, don't put the blame on me you're the one that ran away to India" I said pulling away.

It would be better for all of us if I kept his personal affairs silent. For now, anyway.

"touché, touché. Well come inside I am about to talk about my new products" he beams over at me as he guided us inside.

I follow behind him as I look around. This venue was anything but cheap, it was customised perfectly for his product with the modern and colourful lights centred around the stage.

There were waiters dressed in navy blue and white handing out drinks and bitesize snacks.

"I'm really happy the band is back together" Andre says raising his glass with us. Jake happily cheered with him and I followed.

"yeah I agree if does feel good" Jake grins as he takes a sip from his drink. I watched them both turn to me waiting for me to say something.

I shook my head at them "well of course I'm happy to have both my boys back" I said as I turned to grab the floating food a waiter was carrying around.

I really hope that there was not a limit on these because I was more than confident that I would finish them all. I have never been more thankful that I wore a more flowy dress tonight.

"alright you two I need to address my people but don't leave I want to talk more after possibly with some drinks" Andre says when he locks eyes with a women with her finger to her ear.

His assistant maybe.

"good luck " we both say to him as he gets hurried away.

The moment we were alone Jake turned to me quickly. "what's your problem tonight, you seem weird" he asks me.

"you noticed" I asked surprised.

He laughed to himself. "you're funny, I may not know you as well as your pretty boyfriend but I have known you for longer than him and I know how you act" he explains. And here's me thinking I was pretty good at hiding it.

"I found some information about Andre, Trust me I really wanted to trust him but Nick already has suspicions" I explained to him.

Jake stared at me "could you not just leave it alone, now you've put me in a really difficult position"

"you don't have to do anything Jake, this is why I didn't want to say anything"

I would have liked to keep this from Jake since I know how much those two were like brothers.