35

Chapter 35

Nick

I walked out of the room and left Selene in there. She seemed to honestly be shocked with my declaration just seconds ago but in all honesty, I am surprised that she didn't catch on.

I thought it was pretty obvious already, but I guess you have to literally say the three words for it to be the truth, a reality.

I wasn't sure what she was doing in there, but she was hiding in there for almost an hour. I shook my head as a smile graced my lips. I ended up pulling out my laptop and using this time to get some work done.

You'd think that I wouldn't have noticed her tonight, but it was quite the opposite. I enjoyed watching her when she wasn't watching me that is. I knew that she was a natural at socialising but that was normally in her circle of fashion and design.

She spoke to people without even knowing them and got many of them to love her. I received a message from Juliette, and she was very adamant that I don't hurt Selene. Juliette was a close friend. she always was keen on getting involved with all of Simons projects and was generally a nice woman.

In the television industry in particular you can sometimes find yourself mixed with people who have motives that aren't true.

I carried on typing out an email for my assistant when I heard the door to the bedroom open. The sound of her footsteps coming down the stairs was all I heard until from the corner of my eye I saw her poke her head into the room.

She jerked back when she saw me staring directly at her. I didn't show much emotion on my face since I did probably scare her by admitting my love for her. Even though she should have known already.

Silly girl.

I moved the laptop off my lap and placed it on the table I had near the sofa.

" Selene" I called out to her. I heard the soft sound of something hitting against the wall.

I had just imagined her head falling against the wall as she stressed about what to do next.

Realising that she is not going to come to me I stood up and walked over to her. Looking to my left she was in the position I imagined exactly, and it was honestly the cutest thing.

" You don't have to say it back, I'm ready to tell you how I feel but if you're not at that stage" my words were interrupted as she launched herself at me. her arms went around my body as she buried her face in my chest.

I felt the vibrations on my chest of her mumbles, but I couldn't understand what she was saying. I pulled back and lifted her chin so that I could really hear her but this time she slammed her lips closed.

I couldn't help but grin at her, she really is cute when she's shy about something. I hadn't seen this sweet side of her yet and it was truly refreshing.

I leant down and tried to force her lips open with my own, but she turned her face to the right avoiding me. Why was she making this so darn difficult?

"Now is not the time to be silent, you need to speak up" I whispered as my thumb danced around the back of her neck. I smiled at her slight shiver.

"I think I love you too" Selene finally spoke up. " But Ive never been in love so Im not really sure what Im feeling. But at the same time, I cant describe how I feel for you as anything else but love" she continued to say.

I found it cute that she was rambling, but this is how I know she was telling me the truth.

"Now that wasnt so scary was it "I taunt her, as I finally brought her close. I wrap my arms around her and watch her try to fight a smile.