10

Chapter 10

My mind continued to think about what happened at James's place, but I had work to do and I needed to invest all my time in that. I noticed that Nick had been doing the same from the posts on his Instagram.

I walked into my parents house and found my mother cocooned in a blanket on the sofa.

Dad spent a whole day moving mum back to the house. He paid of the apartment and made sure that the house now was designed to suit her needs.

He had been away for so long I forgot how much my father cared for her. I was just relieved that we was finally home.

"Hello darling," mom said pausing the show she was watching and looking at me. she looked well but I knew she was in pain since she had texted me this morning about it.

"is that you Selly" dad called from the kitchen. He peered around the corner and smiled. I dont think I'm ever going to get used to seeing him around doing chores, cooking cleaning or just simply watching football on Sunday afternoons.

"yes, dad "I shout back.

He wastes no time in walking towards me wrapping his strong arms around me. "about time you came over I've missed you princess" he said placing a kiss on my forehead.

I do feel bad for not coming to see my parents sooner, but I've been busy and luckily, I found some time today.

"I know dad, I'm sorry but how about we go out to eat tonight just the three of us," I said looking at them both. I knew the perfect restaurant for dad, and I know he deserved it.

Mum was first to agree. "are you okay, "he said looking at mum, but she just nodded. "I'm okay honey I want to go out"

I turned to dad. "okay but as soon as you feel bad, I'm driving you home" he says sitting down next to mom. I knew that leaving mom in his hands would bring me peace. I'm not sure what dad plans to do now but ill make it my mission to financially support this family in the meantime.

I turned around to leave but dads voice stopped me.

"so, when are you going to talk to me about this boy I keep hearing about" he said firmly. Just when I thought I could get away with it.

I didn't even look at him, I gave mom the harshest glare I could manage to which she just smiled that sickly sweet smile.

Play it off.

"boy, no boys in my life paps," I said playing innocent like the innocent princess I am.

But it wasn't surprising that dad wasn't taking any of it. If she thinks I'm getting her a new Louis Vuitton bag for mothers' days she can think again.

"Liar" my mom practically yelled. To which I replied "grasser" yes, I know it was childish, but I hated talking about boys especially with my father.

"girls" he warned us.

I reluctantly sat on the opposite sofa. "it's the guy from the crash, isn't it. I should've known he was the only person you would speak to in your shaken state well except your father of course" shit I forgot about that.

I dont even know what happened. But when I saw him, I felt safer and I knew I could trust him.

"we're friends" I tried to defend myself. Mom scoffed in her seat finding her nails to be far more interesting.