5

Chapter 5

I sat back and watched Jack look over my new designs. I had spent the last 2 days perfecting my sketches and after working with my creative team we created some pretty good designs.

"They're great. I want this one and this one to be our focused marketing products for the spring collection" Jake said picking out two specific designs which I agreed were the best out of the bunch.

He laid them out on the table. His assistant noted them down and ran off to his office.

"where you off to" Jake said when I began to clear up my desk. Normally I would stay and  work late and we would go over plans and just generally talk but tonight I was busy.

I've been working since 8 this morning so staying here any longer might just kill me.

"My friend has her album listening party in 1 hour. You'll be seeing me in a body bag tomorrow if I don't leave now" tonight is the moment that both her and me have been waiting for.

I remember watching her dance around her room as she imagined herself being a worldwide sensation as I stressed over a maths exam. She was never into school, she spent her days making videos of her singing.

She kept it hidden from me for two whole years but eventually I found her YouTube page.

"Haan finally did it then" he says leaning against the table  Jake met Hannah a few times when she was just starting out.

Jack was the one who drove us both to meet up with a recording studio, so you could say he helped a lot.

"well don't be late now" that reminded me that I had to leave now. 

I sat with benny as he drove me to the event, barely had time at home so here I am finishing my makeup in the back of the car.

"Benny, stop it" I shouted at him. He tried to choke back a laugh when he saw the black line above my eye.

I told him to hurry, I didn't tell him to drive like a maniac.

"sorry Selene, if you're late she will blame me. Hannah can be very... difficult" he was holding back on his choice of words, clearly.

Ben made me late for her birthday party last month and Hannah was not happy. She's only 5'6 but she's intimidating as hell.

I decided to not bother with my makeup at all since Hannah was sending me lovely messages that you should send your bestie. She was probably nervous, and when she's like this she tends to get very verbally violent.

I stepped out of the car as soon as I arrived

I stepped out of the car as soon as I arrived. Luckily nobody really cared about me since everyone was too busy interested in models and artists who had been invited as well.

I was actually relieved that I could just walk in with nobody bothering me. That was until I was dragged inside a room by none other than the brilliant Haan.