30

Chapter 30

Ever since I was in college I was always good at distracting myself with work. It generally wasn't that difficult since I enjoyed the work.

I had my new collection out already and now I'm finalising the next restock due to the high sales and demand for this particular collection.

No surprise that there is a brand new audience of sport fans interested now in the company

Which meant that me and Jake were getting interviews for going in a different market that I am used to.

MEEK which was a popular sports business podcast asked me as the designer to be in their latest episode which is where i am coming back from now, I told Ben to take me to my favourite bar.

I have generally stayed out of the media due to the interest being on my relationship with Nick, or rather lack of. Nick hasn't shied away from it but he also has the knack for answering the questions without giving anything away.

I had hoped that they were genuinely interest in the business but after a few starter questions they went straight into the juicy stuff.

Speaking of Nick, he actually did give me the time I needed but only this week has he tried to get in contact with me. Most of the time I have legitimate reasons to not answer but most of the time im just trying to avoid him.

" rough day" the bartender said pouring me my cocktail.

I pushed my card towards him. I didn't even have the energy to have a proper conversation with him.

Once he gave me my drink I was surprised that he slid over a small dairy milk chocolate bar before serving some of the other people waiting.

" I'll have another" I said when he came back over. He glanced at my now empty glass but this was his job so he made me another. I watched him carefully, I realised that he put less alcohol in it this time.

"hey, I'm paying for the good stuff" I said clicking my fingers at the bottle of vodka.

He stared at me" you really shouldn't drink this much when you're alone" he said reluctantly pouring more vodka into the shaker.

" And you should really do your job" I said glaring at him.

It's not like I'm drinking a whole bottle by myself, im literally on my second drink.

I watched his jaw clench. He seemed pissed at my statement and I really don't blame him if I was in his shoes I would've thrown my drink already.

" OOH KAAAY, hardin chill bro, I'll handle this one" Someone called from behind me. I watched the bartender who I now know as hardin disappear in the back shouting randomly.

I turned and spotted the familiar face.

Great.

" ah so you recognise me" Josh says sliding into the stool next to me.

I do remember him from Nick's office. I really do hope Nick isn't here with him.

" Don't worry its just me, Unlike you Nick hasn't come out all week" he says leaning over and grabbing the cold beer.

I didn't say anything.

" I don't care" I muttered leaning down and sipping on my drink. I saw the glass slowly leave my lips and in the hands of Josh.

I'm not even drunk for goodness sake.

" Is this fun for you" he said suddenly. I turned to him, wondering what he meant by that.