27

/the book will end in like... a few chapters.. savor it/

And now it was Jin's birthday.

It was a month after you adopted Minjun, and a month of fostering Minjee. Only a month.

And your kitchen was a mess.

Flour decorated the once beautiful grey walls. Icing was spread over the fridge. Cupcake tins littered the floor. But that was the the lesser of your problems.

You wiped frosting on your apron and looked at the two munchkins in front of you. Minjee had been licking the spoon, her clothes never to be worn again. Minjun's hair was covered in icing and sprinkles, making him a human cupcake.

The only thing in the room that looked decent, was the cake that sat on top of the oven. It was decorated in car toys from Minjun on one side. And fake flowers on the other, from Minjee. In the middle, you wrote 'Happy Birthday Daddy' on it. No, that wasn't your part, it was the kids. It's not like you would call Jin daddy...

"Okay, Daddy is going to be home in a few minutes from work. We need to clean up." You picked up Minjun and sat him on the counter while grabbing some paper towels and wetting them. Minjee stood next to you and changed her clothes after getting her and Minjun clothes. You changed Minjun and turned around.

"So we should clean the kitchen right?" Minjee asked.

"Nahhhh" the three of you said at once.

***

Jin came home about an hour later to find you and the kids sitting on the couch playing video games. It was really just you and Minjee. Minjun's controller wasn't on and he thought he was Minjee's character. All three of you turned and looked at Jin.

"Boo" was all he needed to say for you all to run at him. It had only been about five hours yet it seemed like months. You hugged his waist as Minjun and Minjee hugged his legs. This became tradition, only today it was a bit different as it was his birthday.

"DADDY DADDY DADDY" Minjun jumped up and down.

"Hi baby" Jin bent down and picked up Minjun.

"Hi Jin" Minjee said with a happy smile.

"Hello princess" he patted her head before messing up her hair. He looked up at you. "Hello, mother"

"Don't call me that or you will sleep on the couch"

"Fine mommy"

"Don't-" you sighed. Then grinned and looked at Minjee who giggled and nodded. "Stay right here" you told Jin and ran out of the room while Minjee shut off the lights.

"Haaappyy birthday to youuu" you walked into the room once again, this time holding the cake with candles on it. Jin cooed and adjusted Minjun on his hip who clapped cutely.

You walked up to him slowly as to not blow out the candles. Once you made it to him, you put the cake to his face, lighting up the area around him.

"Happy birthday babe, make a wish!" You told him. He laughed a bit before seemingly thinking and blowing out the candles. Minjee giggled and ran back to the lights, turning them on.

"What'd you wish for?" You asked.

"I can't tell you! That'd make it not come true!" He said as Minjun wiped his nose on his shirt. You watched it happen.

"Oh baby don't do that" you said while setting the cake down ran off to grab a tissue. While you were gone, you missed something.

"What did you ask for?" Minjee asked, fiddling with the fabric of her dress.

"I'll tell you, but keep it secret" Minjee nodded and linked her pinky finger with Jin's.

"I wished for us to always be together, forever. All of us. Me, Mommy, Minjun, and you" Minjee giggled.

"Would you like my birthday present now?" She asked.

"Sure" he set Minjun down onto the floor and crouched down to her height.

"Happy Birthday Appa" she kissed his cheek and handed him a card. He smiled at her, tears gathered in his eyes. He didn't expect Minjee to call him Appa, really ever. Yet here he was, officially 'Appa'. He hugged her and rocked side to side a bit.

"What's this?" He asked and rubbed his eyes, opening the card.

***

"MY KITCHEN" Jin screamed after walking into the kitchen to get a drink.