Those Rs. 5 Saved Rs. 2000!!

Note:

Rs means Rupees. (Indian currency)

Its strange how sometimes people(in this case me) can be so careless..! 😓

One morning I was travelling back home from my grand dad's place. A luggage in my hand, I marched towards the ticket counter as if I owned it 😝. Anyways, I was waiting in the queue patiently for my chance to come, listening to songs on my phone.. Waiting.. Waiting.. As I approached the counter, I noticed a small boy and a girl at the ticket counter. They were beggers asking for money to have food.

In India and I am pretty sure in many other countries the railway platform is where people stay. Its like their home. They eat, sleep, beg and do some small work to earn their living. Small kids, families, uncountable people you will find polishing shoes, selling things or simply begging at the station platform..

It was my turn now to take the ticket. As I was in hurry to reach home, I paid the ticket counter. I took the change and gave Rs. 5 to the boy who was begging. I generally try to give them some food coz thats what they want the most but I was in a hurry so I just gave him the change.

Little did I know in that hurry or I can say carelessness I forgot to take my ticket. The cashier called me multiple times but earphone it is!! Couldn't hear a thing! I was walking towards the platform, I felt someone was pulling my tshirt. I looked behind to find the same boy whom I had given change. I said, "I don't have more change or time to talk to you or give you." He said, "Didi (elder sister) you have forgotten to take your ticket at the counter." I just realized!! Ohh crap! How can I be so bloody careless! 😱. I went back to the counter and apologized and thanked. Took my ticket. Looked at the boy and said. Thank you! He had a smile on his face. This time I had 3 mintues for the train to come. I took him at the nearest food stall and bought him a wada-pav(A day to day piece of bread and a potato patty.. Speciality of state of Maharashtra, Mumbai.) He shared it with his sister who was standing little far from us and seeing all this.

Ooppss!! My train was arriving in a minute now. Time to rush!! I thanked the boy, picked up my luggage and left. This time with the ticket. Hehe 😂😝

Can you believe it friendz a Ticket Checker actually came in the train to check the tickets and for the people who didn't have it, had a fine of around Rs. 2000! 😱Or probably more..

Its strange how people go beyond their reach to help someone. What was the need of the cashier to call out multiple times? What was the need of the boy to come all the way to the platform? They wouldn't have got anything out of it..

But thats what makes us unique. Thats what blessing does...

"HAVE A PURE HEART.. DO GOOD DEEDS. APOLOGIZE FOR YOUR MISTAKES AND MOST OF ALL DON'T TREAT BEGGARS LIKE BEGGARS, TREAT THEM AS HUMANS.. IF NOT BY THE GRACE OF GOD, IT COULD HAVE BEEN YOU.." :)

Love,
  ❤️NiKi.