Chapter 14

~Rudo~

I was back in my office the next day, working on some papers.

'Charlotte is here to see you.' Bethany said over the intercom. I got up out of my seat, ran and opened my door.

'Charlotte!' I exclaimed. She walked in the door and I could tell she had put on a fake smile.

'Hey Rudo.' She said dryly.

'Hey are you ok?' I asked. She put on another fake smile,

'Better than ever.'

'Come take a seat.' I said, ushering her to my chair.

'Are you sure you're ok?' I asked her again. She nodded. Charlotte wasn't ok. Her cheeks were gaunt and I could see the bags under eyes, they were more visible than ever.

 I decided against asking her what was wrong again. Instead I focused on what I thought would help.

'When was the last time you ate?'

'I don't know.' She mumbled. When she said that, I got up straight away and went to be intercom.

'Beth, can you please bring a fruit platter here please and after that get Charlotte's order from the sandwich store across the street.'

'Will do.' She replied almost immediately.

I sat down on my desk and faced Charlotte.

'So... are you ready for the party tonight.' She smiled.

'Char, I don't think you should go.'

'I'm fine, and I want to go.' She said, I struggled to find any words.

'You also said you would get ready with me at the house.'

'But you don't look well.' I insisted

'I feel fine. I just want to have a night out just the two of us.'

I laughed, 'you know we're going to a party right?'

she smiled then, 'I know.'

'Here's the fruit platter.' Bethany said as she balanced it on her hands.

'Thank you so much.' I said taking it from her.

'And I placed the order for the sandwich it should be arriving in a few minutes.'

'I love you.' I gave her a kissy face. 'Wait have you two met before.'

'I mean; I say hello when I walk into your building.' Charlotte offered.

'Oh, well Bethany this is Charlotte, Charlotte this is Bethany. Bethany is my assistant.'

The both greeted each other kindly. The phone rang.

'I need to go get that.' Bethany said.

'Bye.' Charlotte and I both said.

'Eat up.' I said sternly to Charlotte. She picked up a grape then waltzed around my office.

'So where's the dress you're gonna wear?'

'It's already in the car.'

'Then let's go.' Charlotte said, getting up. She put a hand on the table to try and steady herself.

'I-I...' I tried stalling.

'Come on.'

'Your sandwich.' I exclaimed, trying to waste time.

'Here's your sandwich Charlotte.' Bethany said as she walked in. Charlotte put on her mischievous smile, 'Thank you Bethany.' She said taking it out of her hands, 'Rudo and I are actually on our way out.'

'Oh, do you need anything?' Bethany asked putting her concentration on me.

'Nothing.' I sighed.

Charlotte and I interlocked our arms and we left my office building.    

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's a short chapter today, don't come at me!

I'm on 'Winter' break now so the updates should either be more frequent or longer, I'll decide later. 

Opinions on Charlotte and Brandon breaking up?

Thoughts on Jello??!!?! (It's fire!) Do you have a favorite part? Mine is Brandon's verse.

(Also, I did change the reference character for Rudo and if you don't like it, stick with what you had before)