Chapter 21

~Bethany~

The smell of alcohol is what caused me to wake up. I opened my eyes and regretted it immediately. My head hurt like hell and all my thoughts were swimming aimlessly through a black void. I was so hung over. Someone nearby knocked over a red solo cup, the sound ricocheted in my head causing multiple aches.

 I was on the floor and I was sure I looked like a mess. I propped myself up on one elbow and took in my surroundings. The house was in ruins; cups scattered everywhere, food boxes opened and rotting away and the stench of stale liquor filled the air.

 My lips felt dry and my tongue was like sandpaper. I stood up rubbing my eyes, found my purse and left. When I opened the door, the sun shone right at me. I waited for my eyes to readjust then started walking. 

It doesn't matter that he wasn't at this party, I thought to myself, there's always a next time. I continued my walk, humming the entire way.

~Zion~

I crept back into the house, as to not draw any attention, but Brandon was already waiting on my arrival. He was leaning on the doorframe to the kitchen and as soon as I walked in, he looked up and met my eyes.

"Where have you been?" He interrogated.

"You don't need to know."

"What's so bad that you can't tell your best friend?" He pushed himself off the wall, taking a seat on the couch.

"It doesn't matter."

"Where you with a girl?" He looked me in the eye. I broke.

"Yes."

"Do I know this girl Z?"

"NO!" I yelled a little too loud. Brandon nodded his head.

"Ok, so where did you meet her?"

"At a bar."

"So you were at a bar, and you met this mysterious girl? What's her name?" Brandon played with his curls.

Shit! What is a common girls name? "Beth." I could feel sweat making its way down my spine. What kinda name is Beth?

"Her name is Beth?"

"Yeah."

"Who's Beth?" Austin and Nick asked walking into the living room.

"Zion's new girl." Brandon smiled.

"What happened to Rudo?" Austin questioned resting his hand on the couch.

"I-." I stumbled. The name 'Rudo' made my knees buckle, I was struggling to stay upright.

"They are just friends." It was Edwin who spoke. No one had seen him sitting on the stairs.

"Well can we meet Beth?" Nick looked me in the eyes.

"No I don't think that's a good idea."

"Why not?" Edwin stood up, making his way to the group.

"She doesn't like..." I couldn't find anything to end my sentence, Austin took it as an invitation to continue talking,

"I guess this means we can meet her." The blonde haired boy smiled.

"How about tonight?" Nick shrugged. Everyone nodded except for Zion.

"Not tonight. Tomorrow."

"Sorry dude I'm busy, tonight I'm free." Brandon crossed his arms.

"Same here." Edwin said.