Chapter 22

~Charlotte~

"Wait you what?" Rudo stared at me, mouth wide open.

"I-, I slept with Edwin."

"Charlotte. No I can't be hearing this right." She said more to herself, "So you cheated on Brandon?"

"It was a mistake." I felt the tears form in the corners of my eyes.

"It could not have been a mistake, when I left last night you were completely sober."

"I know-."

"So it wasn't a mistake." She stated. Rudo's hands went into her hair and she looked around frantically before shutting her eyes.

"It was a mistake-."

"Why did you do it Char?"

I had thought about it for a long time. I knew deep inside of me there was an answer, but I couldn't form it into words. I shook my head,

"I don't know."

Rudo sighed, "I don't know what to say."

"Rudo, I didn't mean to hurt him."

"Then why did you do it!" She opened her eyes. Tears threatened to fall any minute. All the energy that I had was gone, it flew like a puff of smoke, out of the window. I slumped onto the floor resting my back on her bed.

"Rudo, I don't know what to do with myself."

"Well you should be ashamed. What you did was beyond wrong"

I knew she meant it which made it even harder to listen. Rudo had become one of my closest friends. I hated feeling like I disappointed her, I had.

She sat next to me and held my hand.

"So when are you going to tell him?" She asked.

There it was. The question I had been dreading. When was I going to tell him? Was I ever going to tell him? If I told him, it meant losing him. Was I ready for that? I had definitely acted like an ass to him for the past month, I was going through shit. It helped to have him there, to know that if I needed someone to talk to he would be there. It helped to know someone on this earth loved me, but, did I love him back?

"I planned on going to the house tonight. I'll tell him then." I admitted to not only Rudo, but myself.

~Zion~

I decided to forget about 'Beth' and focus on having the perfect dinner with Rudo. I wore fitted pants and a smart looking jacket. I didn't want to fuck this up. I arrived at the restaurant we agreed upon before Rudo so I took my seat. 

It was a very fancy restaurant candles, wine glasses and three different sized forks, spoons and knifes. Five minutes later Rudo came through the door. She was wearing a black jumpsuit that had a deep V in the front and had lace halter straps. Rudo wore gold accessories to pull the entire look together. 

Everything fit her perfectly, the way the jumpsuit clung to her curves made me want to leap off the table and rip it off. She waved at me when she saw me and I smiled back.

"Hey Z." She smiled sitting down, giving me a full view of her cleavage. Shit!

"Hey."

"Remind me again, why did we choose this restaurant?"

"I felt like treating you." I winked.

"Oh ok, so let's see here," she looked at the menu. "Well these are all..."