Chapter 25

~Bethany~

What's the point of watching someone else be happy? I asked myself. What's the point of going through all that pain? Love makes you do crazy things, but what about jealousy?

~Rudo~

Zion had spent the night then left my house hours later. My body was propped up on the couch, and I was reading some sappy romance book. Marvelling at how easy love was for the characters. I closed the book rubbing my eyes, yawning simultaneously. Craving a large mug of tea, I walked over to my kitchen. I watched the water boil in the kettle, the sound of the switch flicking at the end, scaring me. Why is it so quiet? I asked myself.

At that moment, a big crack of thunder sounded. I looked out of my kitchen window, as the rain started pouring I followed the raindrops, as they hit the ground, ricocheting ever so slightly. I did this whilst stirring the sugar into my mug. I couldn't wait to get back to my book, funnily, it was also raining. Before I got back to the couch, I noticed some movement in the corner of my eye. Someone was making their way to my front porch, without an umbrella.

I left my tea in the kitchen and ran to the door. I opened the door and the person stood in front of me. Fist up, about to knock.

Brandon.

He was completely drenched, his hair was plastered on his forehead and his shirt stuck to his torso. He used his fingers to brush his hair out of his eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I yelled, bewildered. The rain was so loud. He said nothing.

"Brandon." I paused, "Come in, you're gonna get sick"

He didn't make a move to come in, and he didn't acknowledge me. He stood before me, breathing in and out, heavily. I was starting to get cold, he must have been freezing.

"Brandon, come on, enough is enough." I said impatiently, "let's talk inside the house."

"Rudo-." Brandon started. He placed his hands on my waist. His hands were so warm, he was burning my sides. I brought my eyes to him, unable to speak, and he leaned in and kissed me. I was suddenly hot. His lips melted onto mine, like honey into tea. I could feel the desperation of the kiss and he wouldn't let me go. I kissed him back. Feeling some part of me open up at the thought of him. His lips were so soft, and once he swiped his tongue on my bottom lip, he had me. I wanted more. I needed more, his taste, his smell, the feeling of him everywhere. His hands gently caressed my body, warming me from the inside-out. I brought my hands up, into his hair. Playing with it between my fingers. It was like we were both lost and the only thing giving us hope was this kiss.

The sound of the rain disappeared and there was an absence of everything. Everything but me and Brandon. BRANDON! My eyes shot open, the name ringing in my head like a chant. The sound of the rain came flooding back, shooting bullets into my eardrums. I quickly pulled away. Brandon looked at me breathless, a huge smile splayed on his face. What made my stomach churn was that I almost smiled back. His mouth was slightly swollen from the kiss and his eyes seemed to have a mischievous glint to them.

"Brandon, that was a mistake." I placed my hands on my lips.

"A good one though. Right?" He smiled.

"NO. Yes. No." Sternly, I looked away.

"So is that a yes?" That stupid smirk still on his face.

"Zion can never know." At the mention of Zion's name, his smile fell. He finally lost eye contact with me and looked to the left. His body went rigid.

"Brandon, what's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm sorry Rudo." He whispered.

"Brandon what?" I turned to what he was looking at. My heart stopped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Hi! I'm back from the dead.

I haven't updated in like three months and I am extremely sorry. I lost the motivation to write but you BEST believe I found it again. I missed Wattpad and I'm glad to be back.

I would be surprised if anyone still read this. Although, if you did and you are willing to stick with me a little while longer. I am so grateful.

I'm updating tomorrow so keep on the look-out.

Love you all <3

p.s Thank you for 1.7K reads. It is still unfathomable.