Chapter 14: Hard to Handle

When William awoke, he immediately noticed that he wasn't in his bed. He was in a chair, in some clear box.

(William)"Um...hello?"

(???)"Hello, child."

The unknown voice sent chills up the boys spine. He could now see that that lizard monster from a few days ago was in front of him without the black part of his suit, and Caram

But the one who was talking was the dark blue Oozai next to him. He gave off an aura similar to what others said about Zoozai, that they wanted to get as far away as possible. He soon realized that this Oozai was the one that sent the others, this was Duin.

(William)"D-Duin? What th-th-the heck am I doing here?! How did I get here?!"

(Duin)"I captured you last night, and I'm resorted to Plan C. I'm going to use you to bring Star Butterfly here, and I'll take her wand. Then, I will take the Heart from your Father, and get everything I so rightfully deserve."

(William)"Well, j-just forget about it! I can use an Oozai Cannon, and bla-"

(Duin)"Don't bother, I've put a special barrier on this cube that stops you from using any form of magic. So just be patient, and wait for your partner to get here."

He went to some other room, and Toffee put a sandwich in the cube.

(Toffee)"Eat something. Could be your last meal."

(William)"Is it poisoned?"

(Toffee)"No."

(William)"...Ok."

He started to eat the sandwich, keeping his eyes on the Septarian.

(Toffee)"Caram, watch him for me."

(Caram)"As you wish, Father."

Toffee then left the room, at which Caram summoned his spear, and put a chair in front of the cube.

(William)"What's with the spear? Not like you'll need it in my situation."

(Caram)"It just feels necessary."

(William)"...You know, you look like you're as old as me, but you definitely don't act like a teen at all, why is that?"

(Caram)"..."

(William)"Well? You gonna tell me?"

(Caram)"...Well, I wasn't treated badly as a child or anything. I was just, never treated like a child at all, not after I turned 5. I was given combat training when I was 6. Father knew how to fight really well."

(William)"Which one?"

(Caram)"Toffee. He trained me in physical combat, and Duin taught me how to use magic attacks."

(William)"Speaking of your Fathers, do they love you?"

(Caram)"...I'd like to believe they do. They never show it."

(William)"What about your mother? You mentioned her the first time we met. Where is she?"

(Caram)"In here."

He showed his half-soul.

(William)"Wait...so, you're saying that, your soul, is your mother's?"

(Caram)"Yes."

(William)"How's that even possible? Souls don't just go into other people."

(Caram)"......That's because I wasn't born the normal way."

(William)"What do you mean?"

(Caram)"Duin has a scientist, who experiments with biology, genetically altering, and even creating Oozai. So, Duin had the scientist use Toffee's DNA, and his DNA to create me. But those created that way are soulless."