Chapter 19: Storytime-2

The young boy carried Spades into the town, and the people were puzzled when they saw her.

(Civilians)"Who's that? I've never seen anyone who looks like that before. Why's ??? carrying that person?"

(Spades)"Why are they so confused about me?"

(???)"Well, we've never seen anyone that looks like you since...ever."

(Spades)"What? You've never seen a girl?"

(???)"No, our people don't have any girls. Like, at all."

(Spades)"How does that work?"

(???)"It's a long, weird story. Anyway, we're at my house now."

The boy opened the door, and the first thing they saw was a much older, slightly taller person than ???, reading a book that was floating in front of him.

(???)"Brother, I found this girl, her legs are injured!"

(Brother)"Oh?"

The book closed itself, and fell onto a small table. The young boy set Spades on the couch.

(Brother)"Hello, who might you be? I've never seen anyone like you around here."

(Spades)"I...can't remember my name, so just call me Spades."

(Brother)"Ok. Spades, my younger brother said that your legs were broken?"

(Spades)"Uh, yes. I think I was running, then...I fell on something, then I was here, I can't remember what happened before all that."

(Brother)"Is that so? And you can't remember why you were running? That's very strange."

(???)"I brought her here, since you can heal much faster than me."

(Brother)"I understand. Now Spades, stay still. This will only take a moment."

The brother's hand started to glow green, and as he placed it on Spades, she had a strange energy run through her body. She felt better rested, it felt like a cool breeze was moving across her skin, and she thought for a moment that she heard the sound of glass cracking, but somehow in reverse.

(Brother)"There, you should be completely healed now. Try and stand up."

(Spades)"Are you sure?"

(???)"Trust him, you're fine now. I got hurt a lot when I was younger, but he could fix me up every time."

(Spades)"Ok..."

Slowly, she placed one leg on the floor, and shifted some of her weight on to it. Nothing happened. She placed her other leg down as well, and stood up.

(Spades)"I-Incredible! It's like they were never broken in the first place!"

(Brother)"That's magic for ya. Now, I don't suppose you have a house around here, do you?"

(Spades)"No, this place is all new to me."

(Brother)"Then you can stay here for as long as you want. The house is big, but we only have 2 bedrooms. Soooooo,"

(???)"What is he about to say?"

(Brother)"You'll just have to share ???'s room."

(???)"B-Brother!?"

(Brother)"What? Is there something wrong with sharing a room with a girl?"

(???)"N-No! It's just, why couldn't she share your room instead?"

(Brother)"My room is too small, and besides, I AM 10 years older than you, so you'll just have to deal with it."

(???)"Oh fine, it's still weird though!"