Chapter 49: Unexpected Help

Things weren't going well in Mewni. Now that Duin had brought the Dii Ropentaar there, he sent hundreds of Super Duin-Bots to support Toffee. Even for the Oozai, they began to get tired from the constant use of their magic.

(Pincher)"This isn't good. We can't keep doing this forever! I can tell everyone is getting weaker by the minute, and the Magic Commission isn't doing too well either! Lord above, give us the strength to keep going, at least until William arrives!"

It's been seven hours now, and the machines just keep on coming. Whenever a dozen is destroyed, another hundred takes their places.

Star, now completely exhausted, could barely hold up her mace, and was knocked to the ground by a normal Duin-Bot.

(Duin-Bot)"Sorry, I don't really want to kill anybody, but Duin's kinda forcing us to. I'll try and make it not hurt...although, I don't really know what pain feels like, robots don't feel it. Maybe it won't hurt if I shoot you in the hea-"

While it was distracted with its own thoughts, a vine wrapped around its head, crushing it.

(???)"Hey, sorry I'm late."

She looked up, to see a familiar wooden friend, with a sword by his side.

(Star)"Dan? What took you so long?"

(Dan)"Had to get some more help...and here they are now."

From in front of the castle, giant green portals opened up from both sides, and dozens of Deku wielding sharp sticks marched forward to the Duin-Bots, stabbing them by the dozen.

(Dan)"Took a while to convince Pops, I mean, a LONG while."

Following up, Deku with woodhelmets came out, and pelted the androids with wooden projectiles that shot out from their cannon-shaped mouths.

(Dan)"Glad we got here in time, you guys must be exhausted."

(Star)"You don't know the half of it!"

(Dan)"Let's get to the others, I brought someone that'll reenergize 'em."

(Duin-Bot)"Where are all these little guys coming from?! We can't shoot them, they're too quick with their little legs!"