Humanity

Silence.

Emptiness.

The absence of feeling.

The absence of pain or suffering.

The absence of joy or happiness.

Just absence.

Her dreams were plagued with these feelings. Something terrible was going to happen. She knew it and it terrified her. She wanted to tell Eddie but she knew it wouldn't help, he would just force her not to participate, but she was essential to the plan.

"Tony you can't just do that!" (Y/n) walked out of her room to heat pepper yelling at Stark, who yelled right on back.

"Um, i think I can!"

"I CAN HELP DON'T JUST LOCK ME AWAY!"

"Wanna know what happened to the last person I allowed to help?!" He boomed, face red with frustration. "He died!" His voice went softer as he looked at Pepper sadly, "and... and you're not dying too... I'm sorry but I can't let you come."

Pepper looked at her feet, "fine tony, let's do what you think is best, as always." She stormed away and Tony sighed before going into the conference room.

The avengers who were left all gathered into the conference room and Tony stood at the head of the table. "Nat, Nebula, Scott, Clint... you all are going to be the incognito group. Sneak in and try to steal the gauntlet. Be careful, he still has quite a bit of those space dogs around his house, and they can easily launch you off a cliff. Bruce you're last resort, don't go code green unless we absolutely need you to. (Y/n) you don't do anything whatsoever. Conserve your power until we have the stone, we can't do it if you're too weak, and the whole plan would go to shit because were not gonna let you go on a suicide mission, got it?"

She nodded.

"Steve, Eddie, Thor, Rhodes and I are the artillery. We're the brunt of the attack. We'll be going right up against thanos so we need the incognito group to pick up all of the slack in the space dogs. We cannot have ANY distractions."

"Avengers..." Steve stood up and looked around at the ragtag group. "This is the last fight... it has to be because there is no other time we can do it. We have to win, at all costs. The fate of the universe rides on our shoulders."

Everyone was silent as they left the room, as if mourning their imminent doom.

~~outskirts of fallen wakanda~~

Thanos walked along his farm, the broken gauntlet partly fused to his hand.

1
2
3
4
5
He counted the rows of corn as we went in 5's muttering to himself senselessly. his hand was weighed down by the gauntlet, the bones of it unrecognizable from the gauntlet itself.

1
2
3
4
5

1
2
...something was different, the tone of the air changed, the constant rubbing of plants seemed to cease. Thanos stood in the field looking around cautiously, his mind now sharp and bidding the blurriness away.

All was still until a huge hammer flew out of nowhere and smashed him in the face, her flew back and hit a large tree and in front of him stood tony in a repaired suit, thanos stood up, smirking.

"I thought you had learned your lesson Stark..." he brushed himself off and stared dead at him, "but maybe your aren't as knowledgeable as I gave you credit for." He started clenching his fist together when Venom jumped out of nowhere behind him, grabbed and clawing at his face. Steve went for the legs and Thor charged in before getting attacked by 30 space dogs.