6

Venus

I touch my nape the moment I wake up and my head is throbbing too. I slowly get up and proceed to the bathroom only to find out my puffy eyes and bloated face. Ang pangit pangit ko na.

These are the effect of crying the whole night. Masyado kong dinamdam lahat. After me and Earth end our late night talk, I decided to open the letter my mother wrote, and thus, finding out answers to my questions.

I sighed as I got out of the bathroom after cleaning myself. Nanlaki ang mata ko ng makita ang orasan na nakasabit sa kwarto. I’m super-duper late kaya kumaripas na ako ng takbo pababa.

“Dahan-dahan lang apo,” lolo said while taking a sip on his hot brewed coffee. Nasa sala siya habang nagbabasa ng dyaryo.

“Si mama po?” I quickly asked.

“Nauna na sa’yo, kanina pa,” upon hearing what lolo answered ay agad kong tinungo ang pintuan but stop midway when lolo speak again.
“it’s okay iha, siya na lang daw ang bahalang magpaliwanag sa boss niyo kung bakit wala ka,’’ my gaze landed back to him. So okay lang ba kung hindi na lang ako pumasok ngayon? Pang ilan ko na bang araw dito? Three? Four? I lost count.

“why don’t you take breakfast first? Mukha pa namang masama ang pakiramdam mo,”

I nodded at him and go to the kitchen to grab some milk and a toast. Naamoy ko ang fried rice but hindi ko trip kumain ng rice ngayon.

With the food on my hand I sat opposite to Lolo who just raised his eyes on me for a few seconds before returning to what he is reading.

“Umiyak ka, iha,” it was not a question but a statement. I put the glass of milk on the center table and take a bite of the toast before nodding unto him.

Hindi ko na kailangan pang magsinungaling. Lolo was the first one to know my secret kaya bakit pa ako magsisinungaling at isa pa siya na mismo ang nagsabi sa akin na alam na rin niya kung bakit ako naririto.

He put down the newspaper he is reading and hold his cup of coffee, para bang hinihintay niya lang akong magsimula sa pagkwento. I take a deep breath. Drink my milk first before spilling him everything.

Sa dinami dami ng impormasyong nalaman ko kagabi, I don’t think I can handle it alone. I need someone who is older than me to rely on.

“Lo, alam ko na po,” I study his reactions but he just answered mmm to what I just said kaya pinagpatuloy ko ang pagsasalita.

“I thought nandito ako dahil sa parents ko, for my mother. To witness their love grows, but I am not completely wrong though. What happens to me now is part of my mother’s wish before she died,” I pause a little and a soft smile escaped from my Lolo’s face.

“I have to save Earth which my mother failed to do during her younger days and what’s regretting her in the future,” I simply continued, my heart aches with the thought that Earth will die here in the past that’s why I never met him in the future. Now, it’s clear to me why I am more attached to Earth in this life than to my parents.

“I hope you will,’’ my Lolo wished me good luck before standing up holding the mug. “Earth, may act like that but don’t trust his every façade,” my Lolo tapped my shoulders. I bite my lower lip before spilling out what I want to asked him “What if, what if I can’t?” my voice tremble.

“Well, I guess babalik ka sa hinaharap na bigo, but I trust you, you can,” Lolo said and continue his way to the kitchen.

I finish my breakfast and go back upstairs. I grab the letter and rolled down to bed.  The contents of the letter makes me weak. I bolt up when I heard my name being called outside. I look over the window and saw Earth with his usual look and attire waving at me.