Chapter Eighteen

Alexander's P.O.V.

Astonished, I stare at Aaron for a split second before freaking out. Why is the spy here? Wait...didn't Washington mention briefly that Aaron had escaped the prison. Gosh, he did! I reach for my sword before remembering that I had left it in my tent.

"Begone, spy!" I curl my fingers into a fist and attempt to punch him. My plan was to knock him out, but of course, he had the wits to dodge out of the way.

"Yeah, good one Alexander," Aaron taunts, rolling his eyes. I try to punch him again but he steps out of the way. I grit my teeth in anger. How dare he! "Jeez, how do you even survive out in the battlefield?" Aaron asks, frowning.

"I may not be the best fighter, but at least I'm not a spy!" I shoot back. Theodosia steps in between us.

"Stop! This is not what we're here to discuss. Alexander, Aaron here is just like you, he wants to help out in the fight against Humans," HA, no, he's a spy trying to manipulate you. I'm about to voice my opinion but Theo raises her hand. "I'm speaking now. Listen, Alexander, I need your help. I KNOW that Aaron isn't a spy, well he was but now I know he will fight for us," Theodosia pleads me. I roll my eyes. I'll play along with this for now, but the second Aaron betrays her, I'll be right there to tell her 'I told you so!'

"Alright then," I answer, exasperated. "What is it?" Theodosia beams and Aaron lets out a relieved sigh.

"Thank you! Okay so, I need you to take Aaron to Base 1776. He needs to help out in the war, plus Base 1776 already has Humans there, and they know him!" Theodosia says enthusiastically, while Aaron is nodding behind her. I bite my lip. Yikes, perhaps I should catch her up on what's happened. I interrupt her and tell both of them about the letter, the battle, and how Base 1776's members are currently staying in Wolfpine.

"But! I think I'll still help you, as I am going over to see how John's doing very soon," I say. "As of now, Base 1776 is recovering, but when the whole thing blows over I promise I'll come back for Aaron," I face Aaron, and we both smile. Gawd, why am I doing this? Is it the puppy eyes Theo is giving me or is it the fact that a long time ago when we caught Charles and Aaron, was it the sincerity Aaron spoke with? Whatever it is, I'm committing to this promise now.

"Thank you, Alexander. I will forever be in your debt," Aaron says with that same sincerity. Great, now he's guilting me more and more into doing this.

"Yeah, it's no problem. Okay, I'm off to Wolfpine to see my friends and John, so goodbye the two of you," I start to walk backward while I wave.

"I wish you safety on your journey, Alexander!" Theodosia says sweetly, waving away at me. I grin and salute the two of them before turning around and exiting the tent. Alright, now it's time to really set off!

Hercules's P.O.V.

I awake from my slumber, momentarily confused as to my whereabouts. Oh yeah, we're now in Wolfpine. Since everyone except the Schuyler sisters, Thomas, and James live here, Lafayette ordered that every soldier who wasn't in immediate need of a medic was to go home. I yawn and realise that for the first times in months I'm back in my comfortable back. I sigh happily and stretch out on it. No wonder I had such a peaceful sleep. With a flash, I remember that I'm now in control of half the army. Shoot what time is it everyone must already be up and ready to go-

I jump out of bed in a rush. I grab some clothes and get ready. As I bound down the stairs I start to smell some delicious cooking. A smile appears on my face. Good old homemade cooking. My mother is cooking some bacon and eggs. I greet her and hungrily gobble down the food.

"Herc!" My mother gasps. "That plate was for your father!" I look at her before looking down at my empty plate. Oops. Mother sighs and facepalms. "It's okay, hurry on to whatever, it's already ten o clock," She says, waving me away. I thank her gratefully and leave. Wait...TEN O CLOCK? OH NO-