Part 12

Seokjin knocked and entered the fox's room to find her sprawled across the bed, breathing heavily in just a pair of pajama shorts and bra. He sighed and closed the door behind him. She was whimpering until she heard the door shut and glanced over to see him. Suddenly embarrassed, she scrambled into a seated position and bowed her head, shaking slightly.

"I - I'm sorry Seokjin," she mumbled quietly. He sighed again.

"It's alright little one, it isn't your fault it's your heat. What can I do for you, how have you handled your heat before?" He asked from near the door, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I - I don't k-know," she whimpered, wrapping her arms around herself and sounding as if she were on the verge of tears. "I'm always mated during my heat and then it - it becomes more bearable and I don't know what to do to make it stop-" she said, letting out a sob and covering her face with her hands at the end.

Her breathing had started to increase and she felt her pulse begin to race as she started to panic about whether she would ever feel normal again if she didn't mate. She was gasping for breath and Seokjin was staring at her in surprise as she put a hand over her chest and her eyes widened.

"J-Jungkook - I need Jungkook! I can't b-breath!" She gasped, her eyes wide and terrified.

"I'm sorry sweetheart but Jungkook can't-"

"I'm here!" The bunny suddenly shouted from outside the bedroom door. "I can't come in fox, but I'm here okay? Breathe with me!" He said loudly from the other side of the door.

She quickly dashed across the room to lean her forehead against the door and listen to Jungkook breathing in loudly, exaggerating the breath so she could hear it and work to match her own to it. Seokjin stood stalk still, his hand gripped to the doorknob to keep it closed as they breathed together. After several deep breaths she sighed and sank down onto the floor, still pressing her head to the cool wood of the door.

"Thank you Jungkook," she said softly. Her body was still burning, she still felt an intense, primal need to mate - but she felt calmer now, like the ache was manageable, and she would be alright. "Seokjin oppa?" She said in a tiny voice, looking up at the man. He was surprised - she hadn't called him oppa before.

"Yes love?" He replied.

"C-can I have some - cold water maybe?"

"Of course," he said, smiling. He wanted to scratch her ears, but he knew a bit more about hybrids than Namjoon and this was not a good time for that so he resisted. "Jungkook, I'm going to open the door, please step back," he called, glancing at her as well. She retreated to the bed, sitting carefully on the edge, her hair still sticking to her sweat dampened forehead and neck. Seokjin waited until he heard Jungkook shuffling away on the other side and he slipped out the door, motioning for the bunny to follow him to the kitchen. He filled a large water bottle with ice and water, passing that to the boy and also dug in the freezer for a popsicle. "Would you like one bun?" Jungkook nodded and he passed him a blue popsicle. "What flavor do you think little one would like?" He asked. Jungkook considered for a moment.

"Red." Seokjin nodded and grabbed a red popsicle and took the water bottle from Jungkook before heading back up the stairs. The bunny followed a few steps behind and waited outside while Seokjin slipped back into the room. He set down the water bottle and opened the popsicle for her, passing it over quietly. She tried it and smiled happily at the cold ice on her tongue, the feeling relieving some of her discomfort.

"Th-thank you Seokjin oppa. W-will you tell oppa that I'm sorry?" She asked softly, looking embarrassed.

"I'll explain to him, but you don't need to be sorry. I'm going to let you relax now - would you like something to read?" He replied. She shook her head.