Part 21

"I wanna," she said, scowling and quickly turning away from the bunny. "Kiss me Taetae."

Jungkook's mouth fell open in horror as Taehyung grinned and reached for the fox, tugging her closer to him with a hand on her small waist. She gasped in surprise when she bumped into his solid chest and looked up at him, the dog grinning down at her. He leaned in and pressed their lips together, kissing her as if he was trying to prove a point. Jungkook felt his blood heating as he watched them, unable to look away.

Taehyung kissed the fox eagerly, and he suddenly bit down slightly on her bottom lip, making her gasp in surprise. He took that opportunity to slip his tongue into her mouth, pulling her closer to him. Jungkook's hands curled into fists and he was about to rip the dog away from her when they finally separated, stepping back from each other. Taehyung's expression was unreadable.

"Well?" He asked, cocking his head to the side. Little one tried to refrain from pulling a face but she couldn't stop herself, shrugging and grimacing slightly.

"Weird," she said, giggling.

Taehyung's face broke into a relieved smile and he chuckled. "Me too. I thought maybe it was because you're a girl but now I think it's because we're both predators," he said shrugging. Her eyes widened in interest at the theory but Jungkook scoffed, a vein still pumping angrily in his neck.

"Predators, you're domesticated," he snorted, trying his hardest not to knock his friend's teeth in.

"Still higher on the food chain than you bunny boy," Taehyung teased. Then he pouted. "I don't get it though I'm good at kissing, Hobi says so, how come neither of you liked kissing me," he said, frowning.

Jungkook smirked smugly. "Maybe Hobi is lying to you," he teased. Taehyung gasped, his eyes flying wide and he ran out of the room. Jungkook chuckled but little one frowned at him.

"That was mean you hurt Tae Tae's feelings," she said.

"Screw Tae Tae, why don't you go kiss him again if you care so much," Jungkook spat, crossing his arms and sitting down hard on Taehyung's bed.

"I can kiss whoever I want!" She retorted, stomping her foot. "If we're not together then I'll kiss anybody," she said, storming out of the room.

"No, fox wait-" Jungkook said, standing, but she left, heading down to the living room. She walked in and gasped in surprise when she saw Taehyung with Hoseok pressed agains the wall, shoving his tongue down the man's throat. They broke apart when they heard her, the dog's head whipping around. He looked back at his owner who was breathless and flushed, clearing his throat in embarrassment as the fox blinked at them.

"Tell her Hobi, I'm good at kissing aren't I?" Taehyung asked him, blinking his big eyes.

Hoseok chuckled nervously, stepping back and straightening his clothes, fixing his hair. "Everyone has different taste Tae. Just because uh...little one didn't like kissing you doesn't mean you're bad at it," he said, looking deeply uncomfortable. "Alright I - I'm gonna go...find something to do. Little one, please do me a favor and don't tell Namjoon about all this - he'll wring my neck," he said, leaving the room awkwardly.

Taehyung laughed, watching him leave and headed over to plop onto the couch, stretching his long legs out onto the coffee table in front of it. She went and sat on the couch as well, curling her legs up beneath her.

"Where's Kook?" Taehyung asked, tilting his head. She scowled.

"Who cares, we aren't together," she said angrily.

Taehyung laughed loudly, smiling at her. "I like you fox, you're feisty. And don't be too mad, he's never had a girlfriend, he doesn't know how to act or what to think."

She frowned but nodded. "I've never had a boyfriend either but I still wouldn't have said we weren't together. We're...something aren't we?" She asked. Neither of them had noticed the bunny come into the room until he spoke.

"It doesn't matter," he said bitterly, coming to sit at the far end of the couch, glaring at the floor. "We aren't allowed anyway. Namjoon hyung is a big dumb meanie," he huffed.

The fox felt a surge of anger rush to her head and she jumped to her feet, glaring at the bunny. "Take it back!" She shouted at him. Jungkook and Taehyung blinked up at her in surprise, her orange tail bushed out behind her angrily, her tiny hands curled into fists.

"Fox, I-"

"Take back what you said about Namjoon oppa! He's good and kind - he's nicer than a-anyone ever has been to m-me," she said, angry tears stinging her eyes.

"I'm nice to you too!" Jungkook said defensively, pressing his hand to his chest.

"N-no! When I first came here - Joonie was the only person. Y-you were m-mean! He-he," she choked out a sob, covering her face with her hands. Both boys were looking up at her in surprise and confusion, not sure why she was suddenly so upset. Hoseok came rushing into the living room at the sound of the fox crying and he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her head into his shoulder.

"Hey, shh, little one, it's alright. Jungkook didn't mean it, he loves Namjoon just as much as you do," Hoseok murmured to her softly. He glared at the boys over her shoulder. "You guys know better. Imagine if someone said Jin was dumb, Jungkook? Or what if he had been talking about me Tae? You can't bad mouth a hybrid's owner in front of them." The fox pulled away, sniffing and Hoseok offered her a little smile. "Nobody thinks Namjoon is dumb sweetheart, he's smarter than all of us combined and we know it."

She sniffed again and nodded. "I'm sorry fox," Jungkook mumbled, twisting his fingers together.

"I think...I might have overreacted," she said, sitting down on the couch again. "I've never felt like that about a human before. But when you said those things about oppa I - I wanted to hit you!" She said, her eyes widening in surprise at her own emotions.

"Go ahead," Jungkook said, chuckling. She frowned.

"What's the point of me anyway?" She asked, sinking back into the couch.

Jungkook frowned. "What do you mean by that?" Taehyung asked, tilting his head to the side.

"I'm too little. I can't protect him. I can't do anything if people say mean things about him. I - why would he want me as his pet anyway?" She mumbled, looking at her lap. Hoseok sat down next to her, picking up one of her hands.

"Little one Namjoon doesn't need anyone to protect him. He adopted you because he wanted to protect you, not the other way around," the man said, squeezing her hand. She looked up at him frowning, but nodded. He patted her head and left the room, leaving the hybrids in silence. Taehyung cleared his throat awkwardly and turned the tv on.

"But I don't give him anything back," she whispered sadly.

-

A few hours later Hoseok clapped his hands, getting their attention. "Alright kids, we are headed to the bakery," he said, gesturing for them to get up and head to the door.

"We aren't kids," Taehyung said, scowling at his owner as he stood.

"I know pup, I was just joking," Hoseok said, ruffling his ears and kissing his cheek. Taehyung smiled at the affection and headed obediently to put his shoes on.

"It's kind of late to go to the bakery," Jungkook said, frowning at the time.

"We aren't going to eat, we're going to talk," Hoseok said.

"Oh will Jimin and Yoongi hyung be there?" Jungkook asked hopefully.

"Yep!" Hoseok confirmed, pushing him and the fox toward the door.

She tugged on Jungkook's sleeve, drawing his attention. "Who are Jimin and Yoongi," she asked softly.

"Cats!" Jungkook replied with a grin.