Part 29

Warning - this chapter contains a scene that may be difficult for some readers. It is marked.
🖤🖤

-

The boys all crowded into the living room at the Kims' house, everyone sitting together on couches, all of them looking rather sad. Seokjin had not let go of Jungkook's hand as if he were afraid the boy would disappear if he did. Jungkook understood and didn't complain, even though it was starting to hurt a bit.

"So, what do we do now?" Yoongi asked the room as a whole. The black cat was sitting off to the side, his face a mask of guilt and sadness. He felt responsible for little one's disappearance, even though the others had tried to convince him not to blame himself. Jimin stood from his spot on the floor and crossed the room to squish himself into the chair next to the other cat. "Chim, come on don't-"

"Shh. Hyung needs to snuggle," The gray cat said.

"I don't want to snuggle-" Yoongi protested, but Jimin just shushed him again and pulled his head down onto his shoulder, running his small fingers over the older cat's black ears. Yoongi's eyes squinted into an unknown emotion for a moment and then he wrapped his fingers around the younger cat's hand, blinking hard and leaving his head on his shoulder. Jimin smiled softly and turned back to the room.

"What do we do now hyung?" Jimin asked Namjoon and Seokjin in general.

"We have to find the facility," Namjoon said as if it were the most logical and simple decision to make.

"Find the facility? And do what?" Seokjin asked him in disbelief, his fingers tightening a bit over Jungkook's and making the younger wince.

"Hyung, you-" the bunny finally whined, pulling at his hand, but Seokjin just scowled at him and released his fingers but then wrapped his hand around Jungkook's small waist, tugging him to his side. Jungkook rolled his eyes but allowed his owner to pull him close.

"Hold still bun," Seokjin scolded before turning his attention back to Namjoon. "Find the facility and then what do you suggest? We can't just...go in and get her," Seokjin scoffed. The room was silent for a moment. Then Taehyung piped up.

"Why not?" He asked.

"Tae, no," Hoseok hissed, looking at his hybrid in surprise.

"No seriously! There are seven of us and we-"

"Taehyung, they experiment on hybrids there! You are not going - guys, I'm sorry but I'm not okay with this," Hoseok said, turning to Namjoon and Seokjin.

Namjoon quickly held his hands up and shook his head. "No I wasn't asking, I just - if we figure out where it is we can...call the police? I don't know. They are running an illegal operation, I mean there has to be something we can do, right? I just think it's a good starting place. We have to get her out."

"I agree," Jungkook piped, turning to the man next to him. "She can't stay there hyung, she has to come back to us."

Seokjin sighed, but he nodded. "You guys are right. We should do it. But this is just on us," he said, turning to the other boys in the room. "We aren't going to drag any of you in." They all nodded and Hoseok stood, his hand wrapped around Taehyung's and pulling him to his feet.

"We need to get home then. I'm sorry we couldn't help hyung," he said, reaching out to clasp Seokjin's hand. The older nodded and thanked them softly and they headed out.

Jimin hopped out of the chair and pulled Yoongi to his feet as well and they shuffled toward the door. The dark eared cat hesitated when he reached Namjoon.

"Joon, I-"

"I know Yoongi. It's fine, you did everything you could," the human replied sadly. Yoongi swallowed and nodded, hanging his head.