Part 20

The next morning when Namjoon stepped outside to head to work he noticed a door hanger on the doorknob. He grabbed it and read it, his eyes widening in horror. He looked up and down the street, seeing a similar paper on each door.

"Shit," he cursed, darting back inside. He glanced at the hybrids still eating breakfast at the table and approached Jin quietly, placing his hand on the small of the man's back and holding the paper out in front of them, leaning in close as Jin read it.

"Shit," Jin said as well, snatching the paper from him and holding it closer to his face.

The flyer was notification that there would be a visitation by hybrid services the following day to do a random check for documentation for all adopted hybrids. Hybrids were only legal if their adoption was official and documented, otherwise they could not necessarily be kept and did not have any legal rights as a family member. Little one was an adult so she could choose to go where she wanted, but they knew that someone was on the hunt for her.

Jin and Namjoon were looking at each other in growing panic. Namjoon's eyes were wide and unblinking, his jaw set as his head ran through scenarios. Jin was swallowing uncertainly, waiting for the other man to speak.

"Joonie," he said softly, his eyes flicking over to the table where Jungkook was beginning to glance suspiciously at the pair. "What are we going to do?"

Namjoon opened and closed his mouth, a pained look coming across his face. "I - I don't know - she can't be here they'll take her...Jin," he said, looking helplessly at the older man. "What - what should I do? We can't let her go back there," They just stared at each other for a moment before Seokjin shook his head.

"You need to go to work right now, you'll be late. We'll figure something out, don't worry." He patted the man's chest and kissed him quickly, pushing him toward the door. Namjoon was looked pale and scared but he nodded quietly and headed out.

"Hyung what's up?" Jungkook said, cocking his head so his ears tilted to the side cutely. Little one blinked at his reaction and turned in her seat to look back at Jin as well, her cheeks puffed out as she chewed, her own ears cocked to the side as if to mimic the bunny.

Seokjin sighed and frowned, wondering if he should tell them yet or not. He decided to wait for Namjoon to get back home. "Nothing guys. You're supposed to be going to hang out with Hoseok and Taehyung today so hurry and get dressed when you're done so I can drop you off."

"Oh yeah!" Jungkook said, hurriedly shoving his last bite of breakfast in his mouth and dashing from the table. The fox looked after him, pouting. She wasn't done eating yet.

"Take your time sweetheart, don't worry about him," Seokjin said with a chuckle as he picked up Jungkook's plate.

When they were dressed and ready to go they headed out to the car. Little one was getting the hang of the seatbelt and Jungkook watched as she stuck her tongue out in concentration to buckle it with a smile on his face. She looked up at him and blushed slightly when she had finished, sitting back and tucking her hands between her thighs. Jungkook chuckled softly, still looking over at her. He reached an arm across the back seat and tapped on her knee with one finger. She glanced over at him and he held his hand out toward her, glancing into the front seat where Seokjin was focused on the road as he drove. She looked at his hand and shyly slipped hers over and placed it in his. He quickly curled his fingers around hers and held her hand comfortably the rest of the way. She shyly watched out the window, liking the feeling of Jungkook's warm hand carefully holding hers.

When they arrived they climbed out and the hybrids hurried up to the house. Taehyung opened the door before they could knock and ushered them in as Seokjin got out and headed up to the house as well. Hoseok was there as well, but tilted his head when Jin approached.