Happy Birthday (Nico di Angelo)

(After the Titan war)

.....

Staring off onto the sunset, I wait for him, my ghost king.

It was my birthday, he told me to wait at the edge of the forest at sunset for a surprise.

We've been dating for about a year and a half now and spent almost all our free time together. i sat down on the grass, listening to the crickets chirping.

I look up and watch as the colours fade into the night sky.

I laugh to myself, remembering the day I tried teaching him how to shoot an arrow.

"Just keep the arrow straight" I said. "Remember to pull it back as far as you can, then you-"

"I know, I know, y/n." Nico whined, cutting me off. " This is the tenth time you told me".

" Well, I wouldn't have to repeat myself if you just follow my instructions"

"Fair enough" he mumbled.

I smiled,

he never did listen.

I thought to myself, staring at the stars.

My thoughts were interrupted by a scream from the woods.

" Y/N!!"

Nico

I got up and grabbed my dagger, running into the woods, following the sound of his voice. I found a clearing where Nico lay motionless and an empousai, about to finish him off. I threw my dagger, aiming for the chest.

When she turned to dust, I ran to my ghost king's side.

" Nico! Are you okay?" I asked panicking.

" Y-y/n" he started to open his eyes and roll onto his back to face me.

Only then did I notice the claw marks on his chest.

" Oh my gods, Nico" I said gasping.

" We have to get you to the infirmary, maybe I can-"

" Y/n, no i-it's too late, I can already feel myself slipping away" he said trying to keep breathing.

By now, our faces were just inches apart, tears rapidly falling down my face. " Just promise me you won't forget about me okay, y/n?"

"Okay" I said.

What happened next surprised me. With the last of his strength, he kissed me, holding onto my arm for support and for a split second, the entire world just stopped and the kiss was the only thing that mattered to us.

His grip was starting to loosen, before he hit the ground I caught him.

Before he closed his eyes, he managed to say;

"Happy birthday my princess" taking his last breath he closed his eyes, joining Bianca in Elysium.

I just sat there staring at his lifeless body think about our kiss.

The first and last kiss we'd ever had.

.......

Author's Note:

Hey guys! Thanks so much for the reads! Also, thanks to @RaizelleLedda for writing this chapter! So credits to her for this chapter.

-K