Chapter 10 - Tired and Dirty

In the beginning we were so naive,Esther made us into beasts that fed on blood, but immortality was beyond our grasp. Compulsion a trick we had yet to learn.
All we knew, was a fear of being hunted...
That...
a
And a terrible hunger...
So we ran as a family..and when we needed to...as a family...we fed...

(end of this flashback - - transition to flashback South France, 1002, A.D.)

"Kol are you quite done?"
Elijah asked as he was putting branches over the newly dead bodies while Kol ate the last one. Poor guy just traveling who decided to check out the dead body...
but now he is just another dead body....
"Oh bother Elijah! Is all this truly necessary?" Kol asked growing frustrated.
"Brother this is a major road if the bodies get discovered word will travel to Mikael"
Elijah said annoyed.
"Im sick of this!"
I said in a cracked voice. All the boys and Rebeckah looked at me
"I'm sick of running!I'm sick of Mikael!I just want to settle down already and live my life in peace!They wanted to protect their children so bad well they got what they wanted and now we're being hunted for it?!I'm exhausted!I haven't bathed in weeks! It's disgusting!"
I said running a hand through my dirty tangled hair... Niklaus gently grabbed my hand and looked at me sadly.
"Jessika-"
"No! Nik she's right. We have run through autumn, and winter, through sleet and snow. Are we cursed to forever live in fear of our father?"
Rebeckah said angrily
"I should say yes,sadly"
Fin said putting his hands on his hips.
"Fin please! Nicklaus!"
Elijah looked at Nik for help but he was petting a horse, trying to stay out of the bickering.
"Here's an idea, where the hell are we going to next?Can we just go somewhere so far that he'll never find us!?Is that a possibility?!"
I asked angrily
"Why don't we just do what we've all thought of doing?"
Kol said standing up and dropping the body with a smile, blood rolling down his chin. I rolled my eyes
"And that is Kol?" I asked in a bored tone.
"Split up"
He said annoyed and serious. Niklaus glared.
"We swore a vow"
Nik said angrily
"Your vows haunt me more than father himself! At least he can't chase us all!I say we take our chances"
Kol said angrily.
"Perhaps Kol is right at least there 6 o us so we can split in pairs"
Fin said looking at us
"Thank you Fin,you know I've always said the eldest is always most intellegent"
Kol said. Finn rolled his eyes
"Stop talking. I take no joy in our ascend but I do wish to sleep in a bed, to bathe in a bath, to feed of proper food. If we divide-"
"No"
Elijah cut Finn off.
"Nicklaus is right.We made a vow.Family above all"
Elijah said and looked at Nik
"Always and forever"
Elijah said and walked off. I sighed shaking my head
"Always and a bath"
I mumbled as I walked off and soon enough we went back to our campsite and went to sleep.....