Chapter 32 - Something Isn't Right

So the rest of the night and the entire car ride I hadn't spoken to Klaus or Stephan. 

I was sick of both of them, and this. All I wanted was to leave and see the world. On my own. As my own person..but here I was...with Klaus and Stephan as Stephan had Ray on his back and we walked through the woods. We were trying to find his pack. 

"Are you okay? Is Ray getting heavy?"

Klaus asked Stephan as we walked. 

"I'm fine"

Stephan said in a monotone voice. 

"You sure about that? You know we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down"

Klaus said looking at Stephan with a smug expression. Stephan smirked bitterly

"You know I get that we're, uh, we're stuck together Klaus, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, that'd be great"

Stephan said as we carried on. I stifled a laughter, and Klaus shot me a look, making me smirk. 

"So much brooding. Honestly, the both of you, your self loathing is suffocating you both"

Klaus said making me scoff

"Maybe we're just a little tired of playing your find the werewolves game. Maybe, and I know this might sound a bit crazy, but just maybe we wanted to do something a little more fun this summer. I mean speaking for myself, I haven't done anything fun in the summer since I was human and I know that is a very very long time for me. I'm sure Stephan would have liked to do fun things with Elena this summer too but...you kind of killed her...huh, you're really good at destroying people's love lives aren't you Niklaus?"
I asked crossing my arms with a smirk. Klaus looked back at me with regret in his eyes. I could see it, but it didn't change the fact that this summer was wasted on him. 

"Our journey is soon over love, and when that happens, I'll take you to somewhere where it's summer all year round..just imagine sunsets on the beach, a martini in both of our hands, oceans so clear you can see everything...hot days, warm nights, and I hear the sex on the beach is quite del-"

"Bloody hell is that all you think about?"

I asked with annoyance. Klaus looked at Stephan with a smirk and Stephan couldn't help but smirk back

"Jess...there's..there's an alcoholic beverage called Sex on the beach"

Stephan said looking down at me. My brows raised 

"It is? Why in the bloody hell would they name a drink that?"

I asked tilting my head

"We're getting off topic, love, I was talking about a romantic hot get away once this is over"

Klaus said smirking. I smirked back, taking a step closer. 

"I'm sure I'd have a wonderful time..the best part about that would be I'd go alone"

I said frowning by the end of my sentence. Klaus' smile dropped as he looked at me. It was Stephan's turn to stifle a laughter, which Klaus shot him a look as well. 

"We're here"

He said bitterly then looked at Stephan. I looked over and saw a group of people with tents and book bags, looking like regular campers. Once they noticed us they all stood up and looked at us cautiously. 

Stephan dropped Ray on the ground and a girl gasped running up to him

"Ray!Oh my god!"

She said checking to see if he was alive. The girl slowly looked up at Stephan dangerously.