CHAPTER 29

NEW YORK

Three days since dumating sina Jes sa New york. Bago siya umalis she called Architect Valdez' her co- architect sa Dubai' she told him everything that happened'Alam ni Jes that he's one of the people who needs to know about it. He's the one who helped Jes and Zian to established that company and for what happened he has the right to know. She told him that Zian was no longer the owner of the company and she decided na mag stay na sa New York. Jes knew she needed his help' Architect Valdez owns an architectural firm in New York and before Jes even ask's he then offered her para maging head architect dito' and she immediately accepted it' alam niyang hindi niya naman mapapabayaan ang kumpanya sa Pilipinas but somehow she wanted na may ginagawa rin siya' she sees to it' that she'll keep herself busy' sa paraang ito sakaling makakalimutan niya rin ang mga nangyari.

When Architect Valdez heard everything from Jes' he insisted na bumalik nalang si Jes ng Dubai and continue her work there. Asides' dito naman siya nagsimula. But Jes knew she can't. Especially sa lugar na yan nagsimula ang lahat' and she thought to herself she'll no longer coming back. Maybe hindi sa ngayon' but as soon as she already moved on and that everything that reminds her of Zian no longer matters.

Jes was arranging her stuff' she immediately arrange all of their things sa bago nilang bahay. She made sure she settled their place bago pa man sila dumating ng New york. Habang nag aayos ' Zion entered the room.

" mom!? "

She suspected Zion was about to ask her something just by the look on his face. These past three days her son keeps on asking her when will they ever go home' why is Zian didn't come with them and all the same questions. She explained it to Zion over and over again' and she hopes somehow he'll understand.

" Yes hon' is there anything you need?"

Zion stood at the door while looking at his mom.She tried to act normal as possible.

" mom when are we coming back?"

She's expecting the same questions ' same from the last days. Pero nagulat siya when Zion asked her that at bigla na lamang na umiyak ito.Alam niyang nahihirapan pang mag adjust si Zion, with the look on her son's face alam niyang namimiss na nito ang daddy niya.

She sighed. " hon come here."

At agad namang lumapit ang anak sa kanya. Zion sat on her lap and she began to explain to her son.

" I know it's going to be hard for you'and for the both of us anak but starting now' it's gonna be just you and me. We're gonna stay here permanently hon..' and mommy's doing this for your own good. I know you miss you dad' but----..."

before finishing her sentence'napabuntong hininga siya' kung alam lang ni Zion ang totoong rason kung bakit sila nandito at kung bakit kailangan nilang lumayo. Only if her son knew'.

" BUt-- you have to get used to this hon..na maging malayo sa kanya' you'll never understand for now..But I want you to know that no matter what happen dad loves you so much. "

" Then why he doesn't come with us?."

" It is because----"

This time she wanted to be honest to Zion. Alam niyang naguguluhan na ang anak. And she doesnt' want to complicate things even more. The more she tried to keep it in herself' the more Zion become so curious. And she thought maybe if she could told him the truth in ways na hindi masasaktan ang anak baka maiintindihan din ni Zion.

" Zion hon.......it's because.... mom and dad were separated..and for the better we have to stay here' you have to stay with me. We came here..kasi ..kasi we need to be away ...dito na si mommy mag ta trabaho..and ikaw you're going to study here' and I'm sure you're going to have lots of friends' ..gust----"