CHAPTER 35

" You didn't tell me you're filipino! "

It's one sunny afternoon ' a casual day at New York, Jes is walking with Stan while both of them holding their ice cream Stan bought awhile ago.

" Yap! But I was born and raised here..along with my sister Hannah.She just actually fly back to the Philippines with mom..juts few weeks ago, while my dad decided to permanently stay there for business.So basically' I'm left all alone here."

And he giggled,then looking directly at her.

" No..you're not alone, you're probably be with- " hindi na niya natapos ang sasabihin' she knew she was just joking around with him' shes even surprised about what she's going to say.

" with?? with what Jes? "

" with....with your friends..I'm sure you have lot of friends here.."

Napangiti nalamang si Stan' for sure he know exactly what Jes meant for it. And his mood quickly changed to being serious after realizing it'll be unfair also' if he won't share something about his personal life, which is his past relationship to Jes' when she have shared about her.

Napatahimik na rin si Jes ng mapansing naging seryoso si Stan. They stopped for a while and paused from walking. They're now sitting in one of those benches' then Stan began to tell Jes about it.

" It was then five years ago' when I actually had my past relationship..It didn't worked out.She wanted to go after her dreams, I wanted to go chase after mine, We kind of' still working with ourselves,we thought of' it wasn't the right time for the two of us..we're both not ready...So' we decided to go our separate ways, pursue something we love...though we ended it'we still supports each other... two years ago' we actually met...and she's already married, obcourse I'm really happy for her. "

Habang sinasabi ito kay Jes' he's actually smiling which made her so curious to actually made her ask the question.

" how about you?... " she lowly asked Stan' not just out of curiousity but to actually know why' for someone like Stan who's not yet settled.

" Why am I not yet married ?

He took a deep breathe before answering Jes.

" I was waiting for the right time.....If I'm going to marry someone..That person is someone I surely want to spend my whole life with..I have to be sure and ready for me to give her the world, something she deserves,I've waited long enough for that moment....I'm sure I can still wait."

he smiled , the brightest smile with the last words he spoke' he then turned to Jes and looked at her straight right through her eyes.And all the possible best feeling you could imagine swept her. Hindi na siya nakagalaw agad, but more than that naisip niya that someone will indeed be so lucky to hvae someone like Stan.nakatitig pa rin ito sa kanya' . He's getting closer to her' causing her to slightly feel a bit awkward and shy, she automatically stood up and say.

" you know what... we should have some lunch.." she smiled, she didn't want to be obvious but it was shown in her expression ' she smiled instead at tumayo na, signalling him to stand as well, it'll be a few walks to be in her appartment.

                      *******

They both entered her appartment, Stan roaming his eyes around. Dahan dahan siyang pumasok' he sure knows how artistic Jes is' the space could tell a story' the appartment is bohemian inspired with a touch of eclectic style and an over exposed window you can see the whole street of New York' the light streaks through the glass' brought a nice feeling while you go inside the appartment, but upon entering' there's several frames hanging on the wall that suddenly caught his attention. It's a photo of Jes and Zion' she was carrying Zion on her arms' and probably Zion's just a few months old.He sure was amazed by that. Pero hindi niya ring maiwasang mapaisip' Jes had her life before she met him. She was settled' married and a loving mother , he can tell. But what saddens him' Jes had something she went through' before deciding to went here' even just before he saw her.He can't deny' he is still curious how Jes ended up separated with her ex-husband, what were the reasons? At lahat lahat ay mistulang bumabagabag sa isip niya.But apart from it' he just want ti be with Jes' when she's this person still working with her new life,and that was her life before him' what matters to him is now.