one

cold beads of sweat dripped down xue's forehead as she was trying to answer the history questions given in her test

she felt like leaving the class and handing back an empty test paper but her parents had high hopes on her this time.

as she was scribbling the test paper with the answers, she felt as if her right arm was burning. except that it wasn't really burning.

she pulled up her sleeves and was caught off guard when there were writings on her arm. the answers to the questions to be exact.

her eyes bulged out when the answer for the next question started to appear. it was as if her arm was a paper and someone was writing on it with black ink.

"how did this happen?" she asked herself in an inaudible voice. she didn't know what to do so she pulled down her sleeve to cover her arm.

she didn't care whether the answers on her arm were right or wrong, one thing she knew she didn't want to be caught. she was lucky that her uniform had long sleeves.

the teacher walked past her and she pretended as if nothing happened. "is there anything wrong miss li? you seemed anxious."

"nothing. i'm just having a hard time answering this question."

"very well then." the teacher said and walked away.

she felt more worried when the writings started to appear on her palms as well. she pressed her left palm on the table and gripped the pen in her right palm tightly.

she had no idea what was happening. was it black magic or some sick magic tricks? her arms and palms stung too.

she was too busy worrying about the writings that she forgot she still had to finish her test. "you have 15 minutes left. make sure you have your name written on your paper and no questions were left blank."

that was her cue to finish whatever question she had not. the questions sure were hard but she still managed to answer everything even though she knew some might be wrong.

"time is up. i'll be collecting your test papers now. till then no one is allowed to leave the class or communicate with anyone else in the class."

xue let out a relieved sigh and glanced at her arm. the writings were still there. her head felt like exploding, wondering how did the writings appear on her arms and palms.

when the teacher was done with collecting the paper she quickly excused herself to the toilet.

the writings were hard to rub off but she managed to clean them. there were still some traces of black ink though.

she wanted to find out who did this but she had no idea where and how to start. "maybe it's really black magic." she whispered to herself.

her arms and palms were red because she rubbed them too hard and again she was thankful because the school created long sleeves uniform or else she wouldn't know what to answer her friends.

by the time she went out of the toilet, it was almost lunchtime. 5 more minutes to lunchtime to be more precise. she decided not to go to class and went to the cafeteria straight away.

some students were already there. she queued up to buy food and the boys from the next class queued up in front of her.

lee jeno was playfully pushing his friends till na jaemin tripped and accidentally stepped on her shoes. xue let out a small yelp causing jeno's friends to turn and face her.

"i'm sorry i didn't mean to oh my god are you okay?" jaemin asked her, worried if he had hurt her. "jeno look at what you've done!" jeno's friend, huang renjun scolded him.

she had never talked to them before except for renjun because he was chinese too and she needed help when she first moved to this school so renjun happened to be the one that offered to help her.

but she rarely talks to him anymore.

"it's okay i'm fine." xue assured jaemin. "are you sure?" jaemin held her right arm. xue flinched and took a step behind. "i didn't mean to flinch it's just that my arm hurts. sorry."

it was true. her arms still hurt and it stung a lot.

"oh okay then. don't you want to go to the clinic and treat it?" jeno asked. why are they suddenly caring towards her? it wasn't like they're friends.

"it's okay i can manage. i'll go later." jaemin nodded and said sorry again before turning his back as it was already his turn.

when he turned around, xue noticed that his palm was smeared with black ink. she let out a small gasp. enough for her to hear.

suspicious, she thought.

she really needed to find out who's behind all this and of course, na jaemin was her first suspect.

welp first chapter is up hdsjsj