twenty-three

"jaemin this place is absolutely breathtaking

"jaemin this place is absolutely breathtaking." xue's mouth gaped open in awe. jaemin had brought her to a riverbank.

what made the place magical was that it's surrounded by fireflies, lighting the whole place up. not to mention the beautiful green plants and that it was quite distant from the place they're staying at.

which only meant the probability of someone else discovering that place was very low. "i know. and that's the reason why i brought you here." he said and hugged her from the back before turning her to face him.

jaemin stared at her with loving eyes, drawing circles on her cheek with his thumb. "i love you so much." he confessed.

"and i love you more," she said before jaemin connected their lips. she pulled away first and she had an unreadable expression on her face.

she looked to the ground, unable to face jaemin. "what happened? are you okay?"

"i don't know jaemin."

jaemin sighed as he pulled her into an embrace. "it's about jeno isn't it?" xue looked up and her eyes widened. "how'd you know?"

"jeno was awfully quiet. and he refused to make any eye contact with you. i figured out something was off."

"i- i don't know. i'm not sure if i should tell you this or not." she looked down to her feet and sobbed quietly. jaemin put a finger on her chin and brought it up.

he wiped off her tears before holding her shoulders. "he kissed me." xue said slowly, her voice cracking at the end. she was wishing that jaemin he hadn't heard her.

but of course, he heard her. his expression darkened and he tried to stay calm. what worried xue the most was that he didn't say a word after that. "jaemin i'm so sorry."

"but you didn't kiss him back didn't you?" he tried to lighten up her mood. xue quickly shook her head. "i know you're mad but please don't ruin your friendship with him." she begged.

jaemin felt like punching jeno but he knew it wouldn't bring him any good. but what disappointed jaemin the most was that jeno knew he had a thing for xue.

he felt betrayed.

"i'll get you back to your dorm. it's getting late." he changed the topic quickly. xue let out a sigh. she knew he was going to react this way. sure jaemin was being calm about it but who knows what he's feeling inside.

he piggybacked her again and she wished she could just sit with him and talk things out with him.

he placed her down on the ground slowly in front of her dorm. xue gave him one last hug which jaemin reluctantly gave one back before muttering a small goodnight.