thirteen

"why did i buy two cones for you again?" jaemin asked, biting his ice cream

"why did i buy two cones for you again?" jaemin asked, biting his ice cream. "because..." she trailed. "you love me?" it was supposed to be a statement but it sounded more like a question. 

jaemin hummed and didn't even bother to deny. "you're right." maybe xue's heart skipped a beat but she decided to ignore the feeling.

na jaemin where did all the confidence come fromhe thought to himself.

he noticed that xue was awfully quiet and it became awkward for both of them. he decided to change the topic quickly. "where to next?"

"my house," she answered, a tinge of excitement could be heard in her voice. it's been 4 days since she left home. she missed her bed.

they reached xue's house and she opened the main gate and unlocked the front door. jaemin entered her house and commented about the simple yet nice interior design. "yeah my uncle is an interior designer so he designed everything for us." she explained.

xue was about to go to her room when she noticed that jaemin was wandering around her house. "oi na jaemin. quit touring around my house there's nothing interesting for you to look at." she hollered.

"i want to see your room!" he shouted and ran towards her direction. xue was fast enough to stop him from entering her room but she wasn't strong enough, unfortunately.

before jaemin could push her, she ran away and placed an arm on the door, preventing jaemin from opening it.

jaemin tried pushing her and tried his best not to be harsh to her but failed. xue realized that they were standing awfully close to each other and she could practically hear his breathing.

xue was lost in his gaze and jaemin realized that she was staring at him. xue knew what was going to happen next.

he leaned in but to no avail, xue pushed his chest away. "oh look at the time! it's already so late let me just... get the pads." she said and went into her room.

she locked the door and pressed her face onto the pillow and screamed. "li xue you dumbass!" she scolded herself.

jaemin wanted the earth to break into two and swallow him right at that moment. "na jaemin you fucked up big time." he slapped his forehead, mentally cursing himself.

xue regained her self again and grabbed a pack of the pad and stuffed it in a tote bag. when she was done, she took a deep breath before unlocking her bedroom.

"done?" xue clasped her mouth shut and nodded only. she should've seen the awkwardness coming. jaemin let out an inaudible sigh and made a mental note not to get close to her anytime soon if he doesn't want things to get more awkward.