twelve

lessons went on as usual and xue didn't pay much attention because her mind had drifted off to somewhere else

when the teacher left the class, sunwoo turned the chair in front of her seat so he could face her.

"what do you want sunwoo?" she asked, a bit annoyed since she was very well aware that he would only pester her.

sunwoo didn't reply her instead he grabbed a pen and pulled her hand. he reached out for her finger and started to doodle on her fingers and palms.

xue ignored what sunwoo was doing and laid her head on the table, dozing off to sleep. she thought she would finally be able to get a good sleep but the teacher had to interrupt her sleep by entering the class.

she got up quickly to greet the teacher and sunwoo went back to his place. turned out the teacher only came to give out something and left the class after that, giving an excuse that he had important stuff to do.

hyunwoo, the class president started to give permission slips out, reminding them that they have to return the paper the latest by next week.

xue looked at the slip and started to read what was printed on it. her eyes widened when she saw the word senior high camp.

"you're going right?" she found the owner of the voice and shook her head. "no," she answered dryly.

"why?" sunwoo whined and frowned. "because i don't want to."

"stop being a bitch and come along. besides, it's your final year in high school. this will probably be the last time we get to spend together before graduating." he pouted and xue had a stoic expression on her face.

"well i don't wanna spend time with you." she answered. "you're coming and that's that." he was persistent.

"no." and she was too. in the end sunwoo gave up in convincing her. "give up sunwoo. you know how stubborn xue is right?" hyunjoon asked.

"hyunjoon my friend you know me so well." she flashed a smile at him and sunwoo snorted, still not satisfied with xue's decision.

the bell rang and everyone packed their things and ran out of the class like middle schoolers. xue had to admit she's going to miss all of that.

"bye hyunjoon." she got up from her seat and waved to the boy. "no bye for me? i see how it is now." sunwoo sulked. xue looked at him dead in the eye. "bye kim sunwoo." she said and left the class.

jaemin was already waiting for her. "done?" xue nodded her head and they walked side by side. "ice cream?" he asked all of a sudden. she shook her head and kept on walking. "it's on me." he confirmed it again.

xue sighed and turned to him. "we can stop by and get a cone for you. i'm really exhausted today so i'm not in the mood for ice cream today."

"nevermind then."

"sorry." she had an apologetic face how could jaemin be mad at her. "it's okay let's go home," he said and reached for her hand, intertwining their hands.

his gesture caught her off guard but she let him be. she's too tired to argue with him. jaemin was doing a mini celebratory event in his head because she didn't pull her hand away.

his hand was warm and xue liked how it warmed her cold palms. sadly, that didn't last long because they reached jaemin's house already.

she decided to take a bath and refresh herself back. she stripped off her clothes and her eyes widened when she saw a red spot on her skirt.

"shit not now." she groaned and entered the bathroom. she decided to clean her skirt first.

"ugh what should i do?" she groaned in frustration. she only had one option. which is to ask help from jaemin.

she dialed his number and he answered within seconds. "xue what the hell? we're living under the same roof you could've just-"

"listen here jaemin i need your help can you please PLEASE come to my room quickly?"

"fine," he said and ended the call.

moments later, she heard a knock followed by voice calling out for her name. "just come in!" she shouted from the bathroom.

"what is it?" he asked. based on xue's guess, he was probably standing in front of the bathroom.

"can you like get some pads from me, please." her voice was quite inaudible but jaemin still heard her. that girl was probably embarrassed that she had to ask help from him.

jaemin was flustered as well. no one had ever asked this kind of help from him. not even his mother. "uhh what s-size?"

"it doesn't matter i really need one right now." she clarified for him. "uh okay be right back." she heard the door being closed and she sighed.

she should've brought some the other day. how could she be so careless. now she had to ask help from jaemin. he's probably gonna get back at her one day.

after what seemed like a solid 5 minutes he came back to the room. "open up! pad is here!" he shouted which was totally unnecessary.

xue opened the door to the bathroom a bit and stretched out her hand. once she felt the pad on her palms she quickly pulled back her hand and closed the door.

"damn that was fast." he teased her.

"shut up." jaemin only giggled at her response. good thing his mom kept extra pads. he left her room and returned to his room. he laid his back on his bed and stared at the doodle of a ring on his finger.

had xue doodled this when she was bored in class earlier? nevertheless, it was a cute doodle and the ring was adorable. the pain was bearable but how long more should he wait?

he needed to tell xue but he was afraid she wouldn't believe him. he hadn't realized that he's been spacing out for some time until xue's head popped at his door frame.

"hey uh wanna go out and get some ice cream?" she asked, fumbling with her sweater. "you're asking me out on a date? oh my god, i have to scream-"

"shut up i'm only repaying you because you helped me earlier." she deadpanned him and jaemin laughed at how cute she looked.

"sure whatever princess." he got up from his bed and put on a hoodie over his shirt "also, i'm dropping by at my house to uh get more pads. is that okay with you?"

"yeah okay."

"you're paying for the ice cream right?" she asked, hoping that he would buy her trick. "but you're the one who asked me-"

xue did a pouty face and honestly, jaemin couldn't resist her cuteness thus making him agree to whatever she wanted him to do.

"fine." jaemin sighed in defeat.

ye double update bcs i'm honestly not in the mood to study  :D