eighteen

"before we all go on board, i'd like to remind you to always be careful

"before we all go on board, i'd like to remind you to always be careful. your safety comes first! i'll give another brief explanation on the do's and don't's once we arrive at our destination." ms. han said before dismissing them.

xue entered the bus and sunwoo called for her name from somewhere at the back of the bus. "xue! sit with me!"

suddenly, jaemin popped out of nowhere. "i asked her first yesterday." he said, emphasizing the word yesterday.

xue gave sunwoo and apologetic look. "sorry sunwoo. i'll make it up to you next time." she promised.

jaemin pulled her hands to guide her to their seat. "do you want to sit beside the window?" he asked, still holding her hands. she nodded before taking a seat. jaemin then sat beside her.

she stared outside the window and was daydreaming but she heard her name being called out once again. "oh jiyu? i thought you're gonna sit with jeno?" she turned her head to the side just to find jiyu and donghyuck bickering about something.

"renjun didn't want to sit with donghyuck because he's an annoying piece of shit. i'm regretting my life decisions too."

"pfft just admit it jiyu. you wanted to sit with me right? plus all the girls would die to switch places with you."

"then ask them to sit with you." she snapped, getting up from her seat before donghyuck pulled her down back.

"okay chill i was kidding." he grinned. jiyu turned away from him and plugged in her earphones. xue shook her head before leaning back against her seat.

"i want to sleep.," xue said, hoping that jaemin would get what she's hinting. "lean on me," he said with the softest voice ever.

god, kiss me already na jaemin, she thought.

"yeay!" she let out a small cheer before intertwining their hands together, then clinging to his arm like a koala, nuzzling into his jacket, inhaling his scent.

when did she get this clingy? it's weird but not that i mind, he thought to himself.

jaemin placed his hand on hers and tightened his grip on her. he placed a kiss on her temple and not long after that, jaemin too drifted to dreamland.

"no dumbass! not the flash! oh my, you didn't even off the shutter sound!" upon hearing all the bickering, jaemin's eyes fluttered open.

"what are you guys doing?" he asked, rubbing his eyes, still sleepy. "taking pictures of xue and you." donghyuck said, earning a smack on the head from jiyu.

"you're not supposed to leak our secret dumbass!" jiyu started to scold him. here they go again. "i'm not supposed to?" donghyuck asked stupidly.

"you know what? i'll find a new seatmate when we're coming back."

"aw do you not love me anymore?" hyuck looked at her with puppy eyes only to be scolded by jiyu again. "shut up."

"gosh can you guys shut the fuck up for 5 solid minutes?" renjun finally said something, but donghyuck ignored him.

"students! we're almost there so wake your friends up." ms.han announced. jaemin looked to his left and let out a small chuckle.

xue was still clinging to his arm and she had her mouth gaped open. he stroked her cheek and put away strands of hair that were covering her face.

"xue." he tapped her shoulder a few times to wake her up. she didn't budge.

this won't work, jaemin thought.

he knew what he did next will probably be the cause of his death but he still did it anyway. "ow!" xue jolted up, rubbing her cheek.

"why did you bite my cheek?!"

"not my fault you're not waking up. i tried using the nice way but you didn't even move so i had to hehe." he grinned at her, making the anger in her go away.

"gosh i'm still sleepy," she stated in a matter of fact. she didn't manage to get a wink of sleep last night so that explained why she's feeling exhausted and sleepy.

"you can sleep later. we're almost there," he said, pinching her cheek, earning a slap on his arm from xue.

"stop doing things to my cheeks or-"

"or what?" he asked, looking more interested than ever. "or- or-" she trailed. "or?" jaemin raised his eyebrows.

"or i'll kiss you," she said in an inaudible voice but jaemin definitely caught them. what was she thinking about that time? "if so, then." he pinched her cheek again.

without any warning, xue leaned in and pecked his cheek quickly before returning to her seat, then proceeding to pretend as if nothing happened.

"you're cute." jaemin confessed, his heart hammering loudly from the little peck on his cheek.

"i know," she said confidently, grinning. jaemin caught her by surprise when he pecked her cheek back. "now we're equal." he let out a triumphant smile.

"whatever." she pretended to ignore him, even though her cheeks were flushing. the bus halt to a stop and everyone cheered as they arrived at the destination after a long ass ride.

"students! we're here and so i'd like everyone to get out of the bus and line up. gently reminder to not push each other okay?"

everyone got up from their seats and waited for their turn to get down from the bus. jaemin placed his arm on xue's shoulder and held her protectively. sunwoo watched as them as they joked around playfully.

"is she really close with that jaemin boy?" hyunjoon questioned him. sunwoo shrugged and decided to ignore the pain in his chest.

after all, it was meant to be a one-sided love. 

im surprised some ppl are still reading thisdjhfs sorry school's been draining me out lately huhu this chapter is so cringy sjdjdhsj