twenty-two

"rise and shine bitches!"

jaemin's eyes fluttered open just to see renjun, jeno, donghyuck, and jiyu in front of him. he rubbed his eyes and yawned. "how long have i been asleep?"

"how are we supposed to know dumbass." donghyuck snickered. "you should be asking xue that since she was here with you." he motioned towards xue.

jaemin hadn't realized that xue had been sleeping on his chest all this time while he had his head leaned on the bed head.

the scene pained jeno and he wasn't sure if he had the heart to stay there so he excused himself. "i need to use the washroom. see you guys at the campsite. don't take too long." he said before leaving.

"uh ok." renjun replied.

"so you both are going to stay in that position or what?" jiyu asked, rolling her eyes. "ugh i knew something was going on but nope y'all were in denial."

jaemin grinned at her before looking back at the sleeping angel. "you guys go ahead. we'll trail behind slowly."

"yeah but like what jeno said, don't take too long." renjun mumbled before leaving. donghyuck and jiyu trailed behind him.

"hey princess, wake up," he whispered, playing with her hair. no response. "god if a bomb explodes, she wouldn't even hear it." he muttered.

he tapped her arms several times. her eyes fluttered open and she immediately fixed her posture. "god, i'm so sorry i fell asleep." she apologized, stretching her arms.

"how does sleeping on my chest felt like?"

"comfortable. but disturbing at the same time because i could literally hear your heartbeat. your heart was beating so fast." she explained.

"i think we both know why it was beating so fast." he chuckled. "funny how i had such effect on you." she grinned, getting up slowly.

"we should head back to the campsite. our groupmates came to check up on us a while ago." she nodded, tying her hair into a high ponytail.

jaemin crouched in front of her and this time, she climbed up his back willingly. "good girl." jaemin praised her, holding onto her legs securely while she had her hands wrapped around his neck.

when they reached the campsite, almost everyone was gathered around the campfire already. jaemin placed her down beside renjun before plopping himself down beside her.

"sorry because i wasn't much of a help. hell, i didn't even contribute anything to the team." she apologized to renjun.

"nah it's fine. are you feeling better now?" renjun asked her, checking her ankle.

"at least i can walk slowly." she chuckled, resting her back on the wood. "eh where's jeno?"

"i think he went back to the dorm to get his power bank." renjun explained and xue only nodded. she couldn't help but feel bad and guilty. no, jeno wasn't guilt-tripping her but she felt horrible.