fourteen

it was a saturday

it was a saturday. her parents will be back by tomorrow. she remembered clearly what happened yesterday though she has no idea what happened after she fell asleep in jaemin's embrace.

"xue?" she heard the door was being knocked a few times. "can i come in?" it was jaemin.

"sure," she said and jaemin let himself in. xue was sitting on her bed, hugging a pillow to her chest. "i need to tell you something." he started. he sat beside her and took a deep breath.

something in his tone made her nervous.

what could it be?

"first of all, are you okay? did you sleep well last night?" he checked. her face darkened, remembering what happened last night.

"i will never be okay jaemin," she answered, catching jaemin off guard. she realized the change of expression in jaemin's face and regretted telling that as an answer.

"what are you talking about xue? is there something bothering you?" he was really curious now that xue mentioned about it.

she sighed and opened her mouth to tell him but closed it back, realizing that telling him everything wouldn't be a great idea. "it's nothing serious actually. just nightmares."

"well, you can talk to me about it if you want. they seemed horrible."

"they are. but i can't remember what they're actually about. all i can remember is they're really bad." lies. she's lying again.

"does it happen often?" he was dying to know about her nightmares.

"yeah. almost everyday i can say. explains why i'm sleep deprived too." she chuckled lightly. "god no wonder you always looked like you haven't slept for days. i mean look at the eye bags and dark circles under your eyes."

jaemin shook his head lightly and remembered his main purpose of coming to her room besides checking up on her. "i thought you wanted to tell me something." she pointed out.

"actually- i might have forgotten about it" xue frowned at his answer. "it's ok it's nothing important anyway." he convinced her.

god damn it na jaemin is it that hard to tell her the truth?, he mentally scolded himself. "okay then if you say so." she shrugged.

"wanna go out for a walk?" he offered. please say yes, he wished to himself.

"another date? hmm let me think." she put a finger on her chin and pretended as if she's making a hard decision. "since you're the na jaemin, i'll go." she said, chuckling.

"get ready in 5 minutes! also, wear something cute!" he sprinted out from the room and left to his. he decided to wear his favorite white sweatshirt and ripped jeans.