seventeen

"bitch why are your eyes swollen? have you been crying all night?" xue looked up just to find a worried sunwoo standing in front of her

"no i wasn't." she denied quickly. sunwoo just let out a hmm and pulled a chair and sat facing her. to think that sunwoo bought her lies was an understatement.

that boy had seen the girl crying at the science garden a few times though he was afraid to confront her.

"so what are you up to these days?"

"what's with the what's up all of a sudden? you're not teasing me or roasting me. weird." she pointed out.

"oh so you like it when i tease and roast you?" he propped his elbows and rested his chin on her table, raising his eyebrows.

"not that i like it but it feels weird when you're being all nice to me."

"saying that you prefer me teasing and roasting you over being nice to you is almost the same as asking me to annoy you, therefore i shall grant your wish," he said, pretending to use his imaginary magic wand.

xue just shook her head and laughed at his actions. "you're going to the camp, right? you've got to. i don't care." he continued.

"i don't know. i'll think about it. one of the reasons i don't wanna go is because you'll be there." jaemin will be there too, she thought.

"correct! i'll be there so that's why you need to go!" he reasoned out. "i don't want to be stuck with you." she replied.

sunwoo frowned and pouted. "why do you hate me so much? what did i ever do to you?" xue put a finger on her chin and pretended as if she's thinking of a reason why.

"nothing much in particular. i guess i just can't stand you," she said, chuckling at sunwoo's reaction.

"but jiyu and hyunjoon will be there too." he really wanted her to go too. "my dude, i said i'll think about it. now lunch time is almost here so will you excuse me?" she asked, getting up from her seat.

"yeah yeah, whatever. lunchtime is actually a time for li xue to spend her time alone and skip meals so sure."

xue deadpanned him and grabbed her notebook, then leaving the class. she headed to the science garden and sat at her favorite spot.

she took out her pen and started to sketch. 

she felt a figure staring down at her, then taking a deep breath before sitting next to her. she didn't have to look up to know who it was, she could guess it from his shadow.

he didn't say anything instead he kept quiet. they stayed like that for a few mins, both of them feeling comfortable with each other's company.

"how did you know i'd be here?" she broke the silence, eyes not leaving her book. "don't give me that 'oh i was walking around and happened to saw you' bullshit." she continued.