twenty-five

that night, xue had let her thoughts wandered among themselves

that night, xue had let her thoughts wandered among themselves. she was so lost in them she hadn't realized someone was knocking to their dorm's door.

it was half past nine and her roommates were asleep except for soeul who's probably hanging out with her girlfriend.

she looked over to her right and both jiyu and haeun had drifted off to sleep. "must be soeul." she mumbled to herself.

she walked slowly to the door before twisting the knob. there in front of her stood a man taller than her, wearing all black. he's even covering his face with a mask.

he covered her mouth with a handkerchief before she could even say anything or scream.

is this how i die? oh my god i've never done anything wrong. had this man poured chloroform all over the handkerchief to make me unconscious? , so many negative thoughts lingered her mind.

but nothing happened. she didn't faint nor did the man slit her throat with a sharp knife or anything. he was breathing heavily while be had his hand locked around her neck securely.

"be quiet. you wouldn't want to try to escape princess. you don't know what i'm capable of." that nickname. only one person calls her that. but it couldn't possibly be jaemin right?

the voice in her head was telling her to fight him back and escape but her body was telling her the opposite and she ended up following her body's instruction.

the man pulled her away from the dorm and brought her outside of the campsite. it wasn't exactly a deserted place but not many people pass by that place often.

when the man let go of her, she was about to kick him in the guts but her instinct told her to stay. he took off his mask and she sighed in relief but at the same time anger built up in her.

"you could've asked me out properly! you didn't have to kidnap me and made me panicked!" she scolded him, hitting his chest but it was all useless.

he was built and hitting him only meant hurting her knuckles. "say something you asshole! don't just stand there like a statue or i'll go back to my dorm." she threatened and was about to leave when he pulled her back.

"i have something to show you." he finally said.

"again, you could've just told me nicely. i should've known when you called me princess ugh." she was still angry at him for making her so worked out.

"close your eyes. i'm bringing you somewhere." he said but she didn't follow his orders. "why should i? you just said that i don't know what you're capable of. of course, i don't. what if you abduct me and sell me to aliens-"

"li xue." his voice was stern. and she closed her eyes. he put a blindfold and tied it around her eyes. now her vision was completely dark.

"the cab is here. i'll help you get in slowly," he said softly. he held her hands and back and guided her into the cab . "moments ago you were being such a dickhead to me. and now you're being a gentleman to me. what made you changed your mind?"

"just keep quiet," he said and she did but only for a while. xue felt that the car started moving and she couldn't help but to be curious about where he's bringing her to.

"where are we going to again?"

"it's called a surprise for a reason. if you don't keep quiet then i'll have to shut you up using my own way."

"what way are you talking about- oh." she went silent for a while. but it didn't even last for 5 seconds. "but if you do that, then it's counted as an assault because i'm blindfolded!"

jaemin didn't even hesitate to peck her lips. and just like that, she had her head down and she kept quiet for the rest of the ride.

"we're here." jaemin announced, holding her arms, guiding her out of the cab slowly. he thanked the driver before closing the car's door.

"can i open the blindfold now?" she asked nervously. "i'll do it for you." he volunteered. when he did, and xue realized where he brought her to, she attacked him with a hug.

"oh i wasn't ready for that." he mumbled but eventually returning the hug., "i thought you had forgotten about it," she said, close to crying.

"how could i? also i deserve an A+ for effort because i practically had to sneak us out from the campsite," he said proudly.

"we could've asked permission from miss han though." she said but jaemin shook his head. "where's the fun in that? loosen up, princess. sometimes you just have to be a little bit rebellious."

xue sighed before leaning in to give a peck on his cheek. "i'm still angry with you though." she said, proceeding to knock the door, leaving jaemin as if she did nothing.

"grandma! i've missed you so much," she said, throwing herself at the older woman at the door frame.

"oh, what a pleasant surprise! li xue why didn't you inform beforehand that you're coming? i could've prepared something for you." she said, inviting them in.

"oh, i didn't know about it too. my boyfriend said he prepared a surprise for me and i never thought he'd brought me here honestly," she said, glancing at jaemin.

jaemin was shocked that she called him her boyfriend but he quickly recovered and grinned. "and you are?" her grandmother squinted her eyes to look at him.

"jaemin. na jaemin." he introduced himself. "ah yes. jaemin, thank you for bringing her here." jaemin smiled and nodded his head.

"sit down the both of you." she ordered. "i'll make something for you. you grandpa might be home late. he's probably with his friends." she turned to xue and told her.

"it's ok. don't tell grandpa but i missed you more than i missed him." she giggled. her grandmother only shook her head at her childishness. 

thank u for 2K!!! it means a lot to me uwuwu also i reaaallly hope i can finish this story before my national exams huhu