sixteen

"xue! how was your stay at the na residence?" her mom hugged her tightly, kissing her head

"xue! how was your stay at the na residence?" her mom hugged her tightly, kissing her head. "it was ok mommy. i've missed you and daddy so much."

"thank you so much haein. thank you for taking care of our daughter while we were gone. we owe you so much." xue's mom thanked jaemin's mom sincerely.

"ah, it's nothing really. it's been awhile since i had a company from a girl. my daughter is away so i had a good time with xue." she smiled brightly.

"my husband invites your family over for dinner later. please do come." xue's mom beamed. it's been a while since they had guests over.

"it'd be my pleasure. thank you for the invite."

"oh where's your son, jaemin?" xue's mom got curious about the boy's whereabouts. "oh he's still asleep. they both came home quite late last night and he's definitely not a morning person." his mom explained.

oh no, i'm in deep trouble, xue thought.

"very well then we'll leave now. don't forget to come over later yeah?"

"yeah, sure! bye!" jaemin's mom waved excitedly. xue and her mom started to walk away from the na's residence and it's xue's turn to clear all the misunderstandings.

or at least that's what she thought she had to do.

"look mommy." she started. "it's not what it seems like. jaemin and i hung out yesterday and we were only walking around so that's why we reached his house a bit late." she explained.

"sweetie. i didn't even say anything about it. besides it's not every day that you get to go out on a date." her mom giggled.

"it's not a date! we got bored okay?" she shouted in exasperation. her mom shook her head at her daughter's attitude.

they entered their house and was greeted by her dad. "hi daddy." she said nonchalantly then proceeding to go to her room.

"what's up with her? did something happened?"

"your daughter is a grown up now. she went on a date with jaemin last night." her mom explained, still giggling.

"that's a good thing then." he nodded, trailing behind his wife to help her prepare dinner.

upstairs, xue was debating whether she should text jaemin or not. things got really awkward after they kissed and on their way back, none of them spoke. they only wished goodnight to each other before entering their rooms.

that's the last time she saw him.

"screw it. i'm not gonna text him first." she finalized and decided to take a short nap before the na family comes over.

what she expected to be a short nap turned into a long nap and she had only realized that she's been sleeping for hours when her mom knocked the door, asking if she's ready or not.

"the na family will be here in any minute. you better be ready!"

she woke up with a bird nest hair and stared at the wall. "ugh" she groaned and threw her pillow.

she decided to wear a simple t-shirt and skinny jeans. her hair was still wet so she decided not to tie it instead she put on a headband so strands of hair wouldn't disturb her while she's eating.

she checked her phone and still no messages from jaemin. deep down she felt disappointed but another part of her just can't be bothered about it.

xue went down and to her surprise, the guests are already seated at their dining table. "oh hi xue. come and join us." it was jaemin's dad. she smiled at him and looked around for an empty seat but there's none except one which is in front of jaemin.

she sat down and started to eat, eyes not leaving the plate. "actually," xue's dad started.

"another reason we invited you all to come over for dinner is because i wanted to invite jaemin to go to china with us next week during the school holidays.

it's the only way we could repay your kindness. besides, from what i see both xue and jaemin are quite close so i don't see a problem with that." xue's mouth gaped open, finding words to reply to her dad but they just won't come out.

"well if jaemin is fine that then we're cool too-" mr. na' s words were cut by jaemin himself. "ah uncle, we both have a 3 days 2 nights senior high camp next week, so i'm afraid i can't join you." he explained politely.

then he continued. "didn't xue inform you about it yet? she has to go too. after all, it's our senior year."

"actually." she eyed jaemin sharply. "i'm not going. to the camp." she said, finalizing her decision. or that's what she thought.

"oh, why not sweetie? we can go to china after you come back from the camp right honey?" her mom looked at her dad and he nodded.

"you should go xue. like what jaemin said, it's your final year so i don't see any problem with going there. you can spend more time with your friends before the first-semester break starts." her father convinced her again.

"your dad is right sweetie. jaemin will be there to look after you too." this time, jaemin's mom interfered.

she sighed internally and put on a smile. she can't possibly sulk in front of the guests. "i'll think about it."

when they're done eating dinner, xue was about to go to her room when jaemin pulled her to the backyard. "jaemin what the fuck are you doing? let me go." she shouted but made sure it wasn't loud so the adults wouldn't hear her.

"why are you being like this?" he asked her, eyes looking directly into hers.

"what are you talking about? i'm just being me." she shrugged.

"yesterday. you're just going to pretend that- you know what, forget it. we're just too caught up in the moment anyway." he said frustratedly and handed her a small box before walking away.

"fuck feelings," she mumbled, feeling hot tears welling in her eyes but she refrained them from falling. 

almost done w my coursework!! maybe i could find some time to write more after this uwu also it's #3YearsWithNct127 eeeeep  

ALSO!!! GO N LISTEN TO HEIZE'S NEW SONG!! GIVE IT A LISTEN OMG IT'S CALLED WE DON'T TALK TOGETHER!! it's so good ffs i want to be a skeleton now