thirty

"do it, coward

"do it, coward. she's your girlfriend!"

"shut the fuck up lee donghyuck you haven't even asked jiyu out yet." jaemin rolled his eyes. donghyuck gasped dramatically.

"why are you guys always attacking me," he asked, pretending to be hurt. renjun rolled his eyes and continued to play his phone.

"but seriously dude. what if that sunwoo guy asked her first." donghyuck asked again. his question had jaemin thinking for a while.

"no way. xue wouldn't do that." jeno said confidently. "but step on your game loser. what are you waiting for?"

"i'm nervous. i've never done this before." jaemin admitted. renjun stared at him unbelievably. "do you think the rest of us in the room have done this before?"

"you're right renjun. do we look like we've dated before? not even donghyuck that dumb bitch."

"lee jeno we're literally sitting across each other. is my existence invisible to you?" donghyuck got up, ready to square up but renjun held him back.

"but yeah that's my point. we've all never dated except for jeno." he paused to look at jeno who's ready to fight him. "but it's not counted because they were his summer flings."

"you're such an ass jeno." renjun continued. jeno shrugged. "they wanted to suck this-"

"okay enough." jaemin stopped jeno before he could continue his sentence.

"do you need jiyu's help?" donghyuck asked. "yeah maybe. thanks, hyuck."

in the meantime, jiyu laid on xue's bed like a log. "hey i need to buy a necklace." jiyu said out of nowhere.

"for?" xue asked, eyes glued on the phone. "prom, duh."

"i'm tired though. can we go tomorrow?" xue yawned and stretched her arms out, feeling numb from holding her phone too long.

"i'm actually going out tomorrow," she said, biting her lips. now jiyu got her full attention.

"with donghyuck?" jiyu nodded and giggled like a ten years old. "not surprised. tell me about it."

"well... he just said he wanted to take me out tomorrow. that's all." that's all, she repeated in her head. part of her was disappointed because she was hoping for him to do something else.

"let's go and get the necklace then." xue said, getting up from her place.

jiyu drove again. this time, she got better at it already. when they reached the mall, it wasn't as packed as usual.

xue decided to get a small heart-shaped necklace for her too. it wasn't too fancy and all so she could even wear it at home.

"where too next?" xue asked.

jiyu shrugged. "home maybe." xue nodded and they went back to xue's place after buying some snacks.

when she got home, she realized that her parents weren't home yet. jiyu parked her car at the porch and jogged towards xue.

xue unlocked the door to her house and the lights were switched off. she clearly remembered that they left the house with the lights on.

"jiyu-" before she could say anything the lights flickered on. came forward her lover boy, holding a bouquet of sunflowers and a small box.

"jaemin what's all this?" she asked, confused. before jaemin could reply, 3 boys jumped out from behind her couch, holding a big cardboard that says be my prom date?

xue was in awe. she'd always dreamed of this kind of promposal but she never expected it to come true. she ran towards jaemin and attacked her boyfriend with a hug.

"i hate you so much." she mumbled, snuggling deeper into the hug. "oh please we both know it's a lie." he chuckled.

renjun cleared his throat, indicating a sign that they're still there. "when did you even plan all these?" she broke the hug and turned to them.

"would you believe if i tell you hyuck came up with this plan just now?"

xue stared at jeno as if he just sputtered out the biggest lie. "wow i mean-" donghyuck cut her off with popping one of the balloons in the living room.

"bitch i'm totally offended-"

"donghyuck why would you pop the balloon?!" jiyu shouted in anger, then picking up her things before walking out of the house.

they all stared at her, everyone didn't dare to move. "donghyuck i think you're not aware of the fact that jiyu has a phobia of balloons-"

"why didn't you tell me earlier?" he asked, before running after jiyu, not letting xue to finish her sentence again.

"does he likes her?"

"duh stop questioning the obvious." renjun mumbled and plopped himself on the sofa. "so now? what do we do?"

"wait for them to come back? i don't think jiyu is gonna come back with hyuck though. moreover, she's on her period so she's probably a little bit too much emotional." xue explained, sighing.

"i think we should all go back first and see how it goes. hyuck is a grown-ass loser he can deal with this kind of shit on his own." jeno said.

"i wanna drop by that cafe near your house renjun. i think mark is working there. wanna go together?"

"yeah whatever." renjun got up from the sofa. "you guys better clean the mess before xue's parents get home. i mean there's nothing much to do anyway."

"yeah okay." jaemin nodded.

"bye losers." xue giggled, waving at jeno and renjun. "so now what?" she turned to jaemin. jaemin walked towards her and she kept on backing away till her back hit the wall.

she's trapped. again.

"well, you haven't answered my question yet." he lowered his gaze so he could meet hers but she had her eyes fixed on the floor.

"what question- oh that." she blushed when she realized what her boyfriend was referring to.

"well?"

"what if i say no?" she looked up to finally meet his stare. "what if you say no? what do i need to do to make you say yes then?" just a few moments ago, jaemin was panicking over how he should ask her and now he's being the confident flirt he was.

"you're attractive you know that?" she said, stating the obvious. "it isn't li xue if she avoids answering questions isn't it?"

"well? you're my soulmate, what choice do i have anyways?" she said before closing the gap between them. xue was always never the one who'd made the first move but nowadays she's been very bold and jaemin was starting to like this side of her more.

"i'm going to be your best prom date ever, i swear." jaemin said after breaking the kiss. 

tis getting shittier and cring-ier but epilogue will be up soon!!