six

xue thought the french language test was a little bit too easy for her

xue thought the french language test was a little bit too easy for her. she wasn't showing off but she was pretty sure she can easily get 80 and above.

she had 15 more minutes before the invigilator collected the paper so she decided to draw a small sunflower on the back of her hand. she had always loved sunflowers.

time was up and when the invigilator was done with collecting the paper, she took her bag to leave for home. the test ended at 2 pm meanwhile school ended at 1:30 pm. that only meant most of the students already went back.

she went out of her class and was shocked to find jaemin leaning against the door of her classroom. "oh, you're still here?"

"yeah. are you done?" he asked, looking up from his phone. "yep."

"let's go then." he was about to walk away when xue pulled him back. "wait. we never had a deal right?"

"what deal?" jaemin asked, confused.

"this whole walking to school and walking back together thingy." she answered. "so far no. but if you want, we can call it a deal." he shrugged.

"well.. i mean we're friends now so walking together isn't a big deal right?" she said in a low voice. "wait we're friends?"

"we aren't? well if you don't wanna be friends, nevermind then." xue mumbled, walking away, sulking.

"wait, xue!" he pulled her wrist. "who said i don't? of course, i wanna be your friend hehe. now stop doing that face will you?"

xue only rolled her eyes. she started walking without realising that jaemin was still holding her wrist so technically she was pulling him as well.

she realised that he was still holding her wrist. she slowly let go her wrist from her grip. jaemin got flustered and mumbled an apology. "can we stop by the ice cream parlour again?" xue looked at him and grinned.

jaemin only nodded.

"how was the test?" he started. "surprisingly not hard." xue answered honestly. "good for you then." she only replied with a hmm.

they waited to cross the road as the light was still green. when the light turned red, they quickly crossed the road.

this time, xue insisted to pay after winning the argument she had with him a while ago. jaemin never knew she could be this stubborn sometimes.

they decided to eat it at the parlour since it was scorching hot outside. "ew, jaemin you lick your ice cream." she suddenly commented. "yeah and what about it? who even bites their ice cream." he said.

"me." she replied short and deadpanned him. "this just proves that you have weak teeth because you don't bite your ice cream." she continued.

"whatever finish your ice cream faster. i'm almost done and you're not even halfway there yet." jaemin complained. xue ignored him and took her own sweet time to finish hers.

when they're done, they continued to walk and xue would've brought an umbrella if she knew it was gonna be scorching hot outside.

"2 days of knowing you and i can't believe all you do is complain about irrelevant things." jaemin muttered. "i heard you na jaemin." she rolled her eyes.

"what's your star sign?" jaemin asked out of blue.

"i'm a virgo."

"wow, i'm a leo. no wonder we're always bickering." he added. "aw, you actually read those kinds of things. that's kinda cute."

jaemin blushed at her statement. "well, no one knows about this except for hyuck, renjun and jeno. though they would always tease me about it."

"jaemin, there's nothing to be ashamed of. i actually read a lot of astrological shit too sometimes."

"really?"

"yeah." she nodded confidently.

"i'm kinda scared if girls would tease me about it you know since i'm good looking and i would totally get that jock title easily without being an astrological nerd."

"here we go again. na jaemin being full of himself." she sighed again.

they stopped in front of her house and before she could say goodbye, he cut her off. "have you uhm heard about this soulmate thingy?" he asked her nervously.

"sorry, what?"

"nevermind you know what." he paused and took something out from his pocket. it was a pen. he took her arms from her side and started to write his number on her bare arm.

he grimaced and held himself back. xue noticed a slight change from his expression. but it was back to normal. "this is my number. text me first later."

xue stared at him in disbelief. "give me reasons why should i."

"well because you love me! bye, don't forget to text me." he said and walked away. xue didn't even get to say goodbye.

"this dork.." she smiled and shook her head. he could've easily asked her number from donghyuck or renjun if he wanted her number.

jaemin got home and plopped himself on his bed. he never wanted to believe all this. he doubted whatever he read in that article.

he sighed taking out his blazer, then rolling up his uniform sleeves.

there it was, written on his arm was his own number with writing he was very familiar with. he felt like dipping his whole hand in a bucket of water filled with ice.

but he decided to ignore the stinging feeling on his arm. his mind was a mess thinking about it. one thing he was sure of was that he should never scribble things on his arms again if he didn't want xue to go through the same pain again.

now he knew how it felt like. he examined the back of his hand and the doodle of the sunflower was still there. unknowingly, a smile crept on his face.

kinda going nowhere with this help i don't wanna ruin the story D: