ten

xue woke up in the room she was supposed to sleep in but she remembered clearly that she did not enter the room to sleep instead she watched a gag show with jaemin

"did jaemin carry me all the way to this room?" she muttered and wondered about it. her thoughts were disrupted when mrs. na knocked on her door. "sweetie i hope you're ready for school. i'll be dropping you both at school first alright?"

"coming!" she replied and tied her hair then proceeding to grab her school bag. mrs.na had prepared breakfast for them so she grabbed two slices of toast, eating one it.

mrs. na was already waiting for them in the car. jaemin came down and she gave another slice of toast to him. he glared at her before eating it. "good boy." she smiled and ruffled his hair.

jaemin only made a face and went in the car. it was a short ride to the school considering their school is only a walking distance from their house.

as soon as they entered the school compound, she turned to him and asked him the thing that had been bothering her since morning. "were you the one who carried me to my room yesterday?"

jaemin shook his head, confused. "stop lying i know it was you." she insisted. "i swear it wasn't me. i fell asleep on the sofa and when i woke up you were missing."

her eyes bulged out at his reply. "who was it then..." she wondered, walking away from him. jaemin only giggled at her as she walked away.

classes went on as usual. most of the teachers were already done with marking the test papers. xue got average marks for maths and english. which was not bad honestly.

the teacher was discussing some questions from the test but her mind wandered to somewhere else. she missed her parents. she wished they would take her along.

then her mind lingered to what happened yesterday. she went over to jeno's with jaemin then on their way back they crossed path with a few drunkards and she went back to jaemin's feeling all scared and vulnerable.

she was so grateful that jaemin was there with her. her anxiety had worsened over the past few hours and she was having a major flashback of her past.

she really hated it.

school ended quickly as she daydreamed throughout the whole day. she had succeeded in distracting herself from having bad thoughts and she was glad she got over it quickly.

jaemin promised to wait for her outside of her class after school so they could walk back together and he did but his friends were with him too.

they all said hi to her and she replied back to them with an inaudible voice which made them question what was up with her. "hey xue you don't look well? are you okay?" donghyuck was the first one to ask her.